Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Good BBQ people

Options
bweekes
bweekes Posts: 725
edited March 2017 in Off Topic
Something is to be said about good people that share this lifestyle of ours. I know it's been noted many times here, but this community is comprised of some top notch folks - all bound by a common passion. Yes, there are all of the peripheral hobbies that go with the lifestyle, but at its core, this is about BBQ. It's unifying - brings families, friends, and total strangers together. I'll give you an example... I recently visited my local BBQ supply store, Dickson BBQ, here in Toronto. Well actually, it's not so "local" - it's about 40 minutes away, but that's just the point. I forego at least three closer BBQ stores just to spend my dollar at Dickson, because it's more than just a purchase there. On most days, I intend to spend no more than 10 minutes, and usually know exactly what I'm there for. And on most of those days, I leave hours later, and with a host of stuff that wasn't on my list. Rob is one of the top notch folks I alluded to above. And while it's business, his passion for this lifestyle is front and centre - nothing self-serving or sales oriented. We talk about everything from eggs, KJs (yes, we talk about them too), pellet grills, rubs (actually more sampling than talking about them), charcoal, knives, smoking wood, and the list goes on. He's never rushed, never distracted, always engaged. Earlier this morning, an experience that prompted this post... paid another visit to Dickson, and who do I bump in to? - Gary aka @Canugghead . While we often connect on this forum, it's always great to bump into fellow eggheads. It was an absolute blast chatting with him, and though it's been two years since we last saw each other, we didn't miss a beat! Great guys all around, and Dickson has become something akin to my "Cheers". So here's a shout out to all of the BBQ people out there and on this forum, as well as the other BBQ spots like Dickson around the globe. Proud to be a part of this community. Let's keep the passion burning strong.
Ajax, ON Canada
(XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)

Comments