Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

bombogenesis

Options
whats with these weather guys, it used to be a nor'easter, but then every storm turned into one, could just say blizzard, but no, its a Bombogenesis =)  snow wind thunder lightning,  Bombogenesis Party =)  can one egg in a Bombogenesis

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    We have snowmageddon coming to night. Lord I hate the talking heads

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    Bombogenesis haas a very specific meaning/conditions that are different from a run of the mill Nor'easter.

But I'm guessing that it is really just a made up name the Weather Channel folks created to be catchy. Just like the Weather Channel naming winter storms like the one you're about to be hit with - Stella...it's gonna be a contender!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Bombogenesis haas a very specific meaning/conditions that are different from a run of the mill Nor'easter.

But I'm guessing that it is really just a made up name the Weather Channel folks created to be catchy. Just like the Weather Channel naming winter storms like the one you're about to be hit with - Stella...it's gonna be a contender!
    im betting what used to be called Nor'easter had the Bombogenesis effect, they call almost every storm here now a nor'easter. could be different, seen the aftermath of a mega downblast a few years ago, never seen that before, barn got hit with a wind coming straight down, everything around it got hit away from the barn in a circle. they said the barn was flattened in a second flat. no warning, just whaaap and it was flat, a tractor and a couple 18 wheelers rolled away sideways. dropping low pressures is good for fishing, maybe with my luck lately its a good thing the boats burried =)
    fukahwee maine

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    Just be glad its not the dreaded haboob!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    whats with these weather guys, it used to be a nor'easter, but then every storm turned into one, could just say blizzard, but no, its a Bombogenesis =)  snow wind thunder lightning,  Bombogenesis Party =)  can one egg in a Bombogenesis

Yes you can egg. But I don't thank you can boil water on an egg during a Bombogenesis.

But then with that magical center cut lump anything is possible.

Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    Heavy air for sure, although I think haboob air is heavier.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    we're having a storm?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• fishlessman
    Options
    we're having a storm?
    same stuff different day, you're staying home, i will be at work =)
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    Botch said:
    Just be glad its not the dreaded haboob!  

or a sharknado

Image result for sharknado
    fukahwee maine

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Not a big fan of haboob.  I prefer sideboob.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio