Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need Help! Flame Boss 200

Options
Having problems connecting to house wifi or i should say the Flame Boss will not connect to house wifi after trying more than a dozen times.  Any help will be greatly appreciated 
Retired Navy, LBGE
Pinehurst, NC

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,342
    Options
    More details please. FB200 is pretty straightforward as long as your are connecting to the correct network with the correct password 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• bradleya123
    bradleya123 Posts: 466
    Options
    I've done everything correctly, connected to my network with my password.  I'm going to take it back and see if they have another one available.  I tried it my wife tried it, no joy!
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    Options
    I opened my "Guest Network" and easily logged on to the router with no password needed.

OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited March 2017
    Options
    There is one step you have to do on your home page to make it connect. It seems obvious after you do it. After you add your devise go to your profile page of your Flame Boss and enter your info and hit save. Otherwise it will look like things should work but your FB will not talk to the site.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Do you have a hot-spot on your phone?  Try to get it to connect to that......if it connects it's your router.

Also make sure you have the -> sign at the end of your full password.  That messes people up sometimes.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Is this your first use of a new Flameboss?

If so, make sure that you're locking in the last letter/number/symbol of your password into the unit by using the select key  ( -> ) one last time.  It feels like you're setting up a space at the end of your password, but you're really not.

@Logger has a good suggestion to try your "guest network" (or your normal network) without a password to prove that the wifi is/isn't working.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Also, make sure your routers security isn't set to limit a certain amount of ip's or that you have to approve new devices manually.  

It's pretty rare that it's the flameboss......but  not saying it can't happen.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    Try unplugging the unit and plugging it back in.  In the beginning I had a similiar issue and that did the trick.  Also do it inside so you know signal strength is not a concern.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    It could be the type security the router is setup for is not supported by the Flame boss.
    As others have suggested, temporarily turn off the security on the router and make it open with no password for a very quick test.
    I know my Stoker is really difficult to make work on Wifi because it doesn't support modern encryption. 

• bradleya123
    bradleya123 Posts: 466
    Options
    Thank you for the all the help!!  I have to admit I left this morning to go play golf and my step-son came over and on his first try the firmware finally updated and it connected!  Unbelievable!!  It must of known a millennial was at the controls!!  Smoking my first brisket tonight!!  Gonna be good!!!  Go Duke!!! 
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC