Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plate Sitter?? Whats in a name!!

Char-Woody
Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For some reason, that just doesn't hang well with me in terminology when used in food preparation. Has that usage been around so long we cannot change it? [p]I have a suggestion and I think WJ tried to get a list of alternatives a few months ago. Nothing heard.[p]Since it is used primarily for Pizza, and now maybe more will use it for baking breads, may I very timidly with due respect, and leary of any anti Char-Woody backlash's..suggest....here we go..."Bakers Rack" or "Pizza Pad" (has a ring to it) or you all come up with something.[p]I simply don't like that other "sitter" thing. Go ahead bash me a new one..heeee.
Char-Woody
(Maybe even "Pack Rack" :-) ????????

Comments

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Char-Woody,[p]Bash....Bash![p]My wife and I refer to ours as a ceramic table.

• Bob, Leprechaun card table? Barbie pick-nick table?
    Hot-Spot-Stopper, Beef-Baffel, Coal-Capper,
    Humptie's Crown, Humpty-Helper, In-Eggs-Qusable,
    Eggs-Q-sme, Rock-On, Rib-Rock, Pork-platform,
    Pit-R-Platter, Pizza-Puter, Pizza-Platt,
    Hog-Holder, Pig-Porch, Chicken-roost, Turkey-Table,
    Doughboy, I like Rib-Rock, Pig-porch, and
    Hog-holder. Let's hear some more.

• Butt-Bench? Shoulder-Holder? Ham-Hammock? Cajun-Couch? Chicken-Couch? Pizza-Stool? Q-Stool? Char-Chair?
    Pizza-Eesel?,,, whew! Im running out of ideas.

• Grumpa
    King-O-Coals,[p]You get very little sleep down there :~)

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    King-O-Coals,[p]Don't tell me, advertising and marketing background, right? Pig Porch, Ham Hammock are definitely great. Butt Bench has a nice ring. Piggy Riggy? Slab Sling? Ceramic Hog Hammock? The Brisket Biscuit? The Smoke Sling? The Hock Rock? The Beef Reef? The Deep Disc Pizza Wheel? [p]Whatever the best nickname is, gotta agree that 'Plate Sitter' is, with all due respects, pretty lame. [p]
  • Bob, I just knew I could count on this crew..!! :-)

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    setter1.jpg
    <p />Char-Woody,[p]
    <FONT COLOR="BLUE"><FONT SIZE="5"><FONT FACE="Albertus Medium">The porcelain Throne</FONT></FONT></FONT>[p]Tim

• Grumpa
    C~W,[p]I think as soon as the final vote is cast on a new name for the plate sitter we need to then work on a new name for the forum itself.....maybe something like "The Big Green Funny Farm" :~)

• Bob, that fits perfectly. Does anybody remember when it was the Big Red Egg. I have been told that BRE was the previous product. In the Atlanta store, they have a Big Purple Egg. I've seen it! Somewhere out there, an old crumudgeon is sitting there next to his Big Red Egg, drinking beer, and grumbling about how this younger generation has changed everything for the worst. We have to. It's our job. :^)

• BBQfan1, good ones!

• When you go to the ceramics store you'd better ask for it by its correct name or they won't know what you're talking about.

• Char-Woody
    George, thats true..if you get em there, but I think BGE has a custom made one that is a tad bit thicker and heavy duty. It (IMHO) should get a reputable name (snicker) in line with its usage. That seems to be baking and pizza. [p]Did someone say "Pizza Platter"?? [p]Its made of the same stuff as the Pizza stone and only difference is the three legged stool affect and larger surface.[p]Maybe Tim M is on to something.."Pizza Throne"??[p]Knowing this bunch..with fertile minds..something will come up, and maybe already has...heeeeee.[p]Cheers... C~W[p]
  • Tim M,[p]how do you keep your plate setter so clean. Mine is all charred.[p]Bill

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    grill with bill,[p]That picture was taken the day I got it. Mine is also blacker than that picture now![p]Tim
  • Tim M,[p]I guess I can stop scrubbing now.[p]Bill
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Char-Woody,[p]The BGE "multi use cooking platform" is different from others. BGE has modified the bottom of the legs by adding a notch in the inner edge. When used inverted, this notch allows the outer metal ring of the grill to rest in it. No more careful placement of the second grill to ensure solid support.[p]Spin

• Char-Woody
    Spin, thats another added attraction..now if we can just dig up something that relates to it. [p]Ordinary plates belong in dishwashers or cupboards or under the finished food.
    And a sitter is person hired for my kids (years ago) and a setter is a dog!! Usually Irish.
    "Tri-Stone" for three legs and a pizza stone?
    C~W

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Char-Woody,[p]I'm with you 100%. It needs a new name. How do you name something that offers so many options in cooking?[p]Spin

• Char-Woody
    Spin, thanks, and the gist of my intent is since BGE has their own design to find a name that will mirror its use. [p]It's similar to a kiln ceramic "Plate Sitter" that is meant for just that, kiln firing plates and ceramic objects and the name fits. [p]Altho the material is nearly identical its use is totally different.[p] A name enhancement for the BGE internal baking/pizza accessory would or should be self explanatory to the readers in its use.[p]Either that, or we will continue into infinity translating the work "plate sitter or setter" into its use in cooking.[p]I didn't explain this for your reading Spin, just for the readers, as you are already well informed on it. :-)
    "TRI-PAD" or "Pizza Pad" "Pizza Plate" would do also. Just suggestions.. !
    I think WJ at one time had some proposals also.
    Cheers..C~W