Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Biskit

Options
Scott S
Scott S Posts: 24
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
JJ,I dont know whether it was a point or a flat is one better than the other? WOODY I used a medium egg nice fire between 225 and 250. Smokey I used a rack and drip pan. Maybe I was to hasty. What kind of consistency Am I looking for from YAalls experience. You guys would be proud of me if you saw that 6lb pork shoulder I cooked for 15 hours low and slow YAwanna talk about pulled pork, HUWEEE.

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Scott S,[p]Brisket is cooked like your pulled pork (we be smiling at your success!). The objective of the cook is to allow time and low heat dissolve the collegen in the meat. The collegen is what makes the cut so darn tough.[p]Do you have a polder type thermometer? It would be a real help in learning what is happening with the cook.[p]I admire your enthusiasm,
    Spin[p]