Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spice and Tea Exchange.....

Options
northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
edited March 2017 in EggHead Forum
Curious if any of you have purchased (brick and motor or Website) any of their products. I was in the NC Mountains last week and purchased some tea from their store. I was intrigued by some of their blended seasonings and rubs. The aroma of some were outstanding....but did not bite on a purchase. Any experience with these guys?

Added....here is their website if you are not familiar with them.   http://www.spiceandtea.com/shop.html
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• JimLikesBigButts
    Options
    I have used their Backwoods Hickory Rub and really enjoy it on smoked chicken wings. Their Bacon Salt adds a nice flavor to grits and scrambled eggs. They also have a nice popcorn seasoning and a Citrus Blend that works well on grilled fish. For low and slow cooks I usually tend to mix my own rubs. They also have a nice store in Charleston down from the Market. The "store" at Disney Springs is not that impressive.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Feel free to send me some Robin, and I'll let you know what I think of them.  =)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Feel free to send me some Robin, and I'll let you know what I think of them.  =)
    No....you will just toss them like all the rest.

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Have no experience with Spice and Tea Exchange, however, we usually do a loop of the Olympics every couple of years. SWMBO will be surprised when i drop her off at the Port Townsend store while I visit the Pourhose pub and craft beer emporium. 
    Thanks!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Have no experience with Spice and Tea Exchange, however, we usually do a loop of the Olympics every couple of years. SWMBO will be surprised when i drop her off at the Port Townsend store while I visit the Pourhose pub and craft beer emporium. 
    Thanks!
    Happy to provide some entertainment assistance.

• BBQBuddy
    BBQBuddy Posts: 275
    Options
    The Coastal Blend is delicious on salmon. I used their recipe for this Bacon Baked Brie.  It was really good.

2 Large BGE, MiniMax, Miami, FL

• northGAcock
    Options
    BBQBuddy said:
    The Coastal Blend is delicious on salmon. I used their recipe for this Bacon Baked Brie.  It was really good.

What a beautiful picture. If the Brie is half as good as the picture....you had a uge winner right there.

• chappy319
    chappy319 Posts: 50
    Options
    I use them often. All are great. Pirates bite is perfect. Vic's garlic is great and not a salt. Italian fairs goes on every pizza I make, amazing flavor. There's a new Hawaiian garlic salt I enjoy. Many times they have free shipping. Sign up for there emails. I have been to many stores, the one in Johns Pass , Madera Beach Florida is best. The one in New Orleans sucked. Online I see easy. 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Well son of a bee-otch!  Was cleaning out the spice drawer (big mistake) and look what I found. Son and DIL were in NOLA last fall on business and they brought me a couple of samples of rub......would never have thought about them other than your post...
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Well son of a bee-otch!  Was cleaning out the spice drawer (big mistake) and look what I found. Son and DIL were in NOLA last fall on business and they brought me a couple of samples of rub......would never have thought about them other than your post...
    Look forward to the results.