Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight's prime rib roast

Options
Ronbo
Ronbo Posts: 90
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It was fantastic![p]setting up
the-setup.jpg[p]Prepping
the-prep.jpg[p]Plating
the-plate.jpg[p]Finished
the-end.jpg

Comments

• Ronbo
    Options
    the-stolen-chair.jpg
    <p />Gracie was so satisfied with the fat scaps she stole my chair. That didn't last long though
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Ronbo,
    That looks like my house....minus the Prime Rib. Nice job, My friend.[p]Mike

• Squirrelcop
    Options
    Ronbo,[p]That meat looks absolutely beautiful...wheres the au jus and extra hot horseradish...
  • jwirlwind
    jwirlwind Posts: 319
    Options
    Ronbo,
    Yo Ronbo, I see that propane lighter on the side. It looks like the one I have and have been trying to get these Egger's to use. [p]Chef Jerry

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    Ronbo,[p]Your beef looks terrific but what I really like is that absolutely unpretentious and functional Egg table! We've been ooooh'ing and aaaah'ing over all the great designs, fancy woods, and inlaid granite but your's reflects down-home practicality and reminds me of something that would be found at a beach house that's been in the family for generations. Thanks for bringing me back to reality!
  • BabyBoomBBQ
    Options
    Ronbo,[p]Looks perfect to me! Great job of consistent color
    on that roast!

• Ronbo
    Options
    Haggis,
    Thanks for the compliments. The table is definately functional. It is just made out of pressure treated pine so it was fairly inexpensive. It is just a basic design that I modified a little here and there so that the rubbermaid storing my wood chunks would fit under it. Those are just floor tiles that are not mortared in so that when they get too stained I just pop them out and pop in new ones. (actually I have a set that are normally in it and then a set I put in when guests are coming over and I am showing off the egg)

• Ronbo
    Options
    Jwirlwind,
    I love the torch. It is so fast and functional. I have a friend that wants to see it in action so I am thinking about setting up my webcam and broadcasting it so he can see it in action. Maybe I will post on here if others want to as well.

• Ronbo
    Options
    squirrelcop,
    That is the exact same question my wife asked. I messed up on the au jus and did not raise the drip pan off of the plate setter so it was pretty much gone.

• Ronbo
    Options
    LawnRanger,
    Thank you. What little was left over today made a great sandwich. Of course the dog was right next to me thinking she was going to get some of the non fat meat...I had to divert her with peanut butter on a dog bone.

• Ronbo
    Options
    BabyBoomBBQ,
    Thank you, it was pretty darn amazing. I did it totally indirect at about 330 with just a tad of mesquite.