Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: help me pick a tablet

Options
So looking for my iPad .. It was apparently a victim of my recent break in 

i liked the previous iPad, however i have kinda fallen out of favor with the iPhones lately and reluctant to purchase an over priced tablet 

I really want expandable storage (SD card or thumb drive )

going to to be used to keep my magazines (going digital vs clutter around the house)

inwould like to to be able to download and add notes to CE lectures , store previously typed notes (word and excel)
a girl here at work has the iPad Pro that has the pen and plug and play keyboard ... Is there anything similar on android or Amazon Fire .. Or am I locked into iOS and have to sacrifice the SD card function

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I really like the Surface Pro 4 of my wife's.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    I really like the Surface Pro 4 of my wife's.  
    +1

Options
    Yeah, if you want the pen/paper function, look at the Surface. Many have it, but Surface excels. In regards to storage, Cloud can be considered too, especially since you are going to digital copies.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Another vote for the Surface Pro 4. It has both a micro SD slot and a full size USB port for thumb drives. Look for a bundle at Costco that includes the keyboard.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    I got a cheap 10" galaxy tablet from Costco and love it for what it does.  Expandable memory, read books, browse the web and watch movies on airplanes. Got the keyboard cover, but barely use the keyboard anymore, still it's a good kickstand.  

I don't do real work on it, or I'd want a surface pro.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    I have an older iPad with an external keypad- I use that Keypad all the time.

I also have an app that I can take hand notes like a legal pad and then I email them to myself and my customer as a recap of the meeting.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Once my iPad dies off I will be going back to a laptop.  For me personally the tablet phase has worn off.  I phone is pretty much a tablet and I just like "surfing" better with a traditional computer.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• HendersonTRKing
    Options
    For note taking (on the ipad and prob others), I use an app called notability.  Very helpful, intuitive and easy to use.  
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    So update ... iPad got turned on in tracker mode .. But it's in an apartment complex ... How sensitive is the tracker will it show up if find the right door..? 
    Investigator says until it's narrows down further they can't do anything 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    So update ... iPad got turned on in tracker mode .. But it's in an apartment complex ... How sensitive is the tracker will it show up if find the right door..? 
    Investigator says until it's narrows down further they can't do anything 
    See if it moves?  Maybe if it goes to a workplace you can identify the person from the 2 matching locations.
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    I have the Samsung Note Pro and I love it. It has the pen feature, swipe screen copy with edit features and is very easy to use. I wish I would have bought the one with more ram but at the time I was thinking cheap.
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA