Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's that?

Ribeye cap for me, pork chop for SWMBO.

Comments

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Chop looks good!
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    The ribeye cap was better :)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Looks great!  Not sure about that ketchup tho...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • paqman
    Looks great!  Not sure about that ketchup tho...
    SWMBO likes ketchup on everything...  Mine was HP sauce

Did you grill the tomato/bocconcini? Looks a little melty
    No, but that's a good idea!

My condolences. 

Another great cook Paqman!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Don't know how you sold the cap vs pork chop but a great deal right there.  And a great cook as well, again.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,182
    edited February 2017
    @paqman: If I can ask, where do you generally buy your meat? I purchase most run of the mill stuff at Costco but wouldn't mind finding a decent, cheap butcher in the area.
  • paqman said:

Did you grill the tomato/bocconcini? Looks a little melty
    No, but that's a good idea!
    No it is not - you have it right, do not mess with perfection! Excellent.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Couple of nice plates there. They both look fantastic. 
  • paqman
    lousubcap said:
    Don't know how you sold the cap vs pork chop but a great deal right there.  And a great cook as well, again.
    @lousubcap She does not like ribeye cap, "it's too fat for her".  She prefers well done pork chop with ketchup.  When I met her 16 years ago, she was eating her steak well done.  Now, she eats it medium rare and she sometimes asks me for tartare.

@paqman: If I can ask, where do you generally buy your meat? I purchase most run of the mil mill stuff at Costco but wouldn't mind finding a decent, cheap butcher in the area.
    @GrateEggspectations

I've never seen ribeye caps here in Canada so I got those accross the border in Syracuse last week (Costco).  We go every few months.

I usually get beef from Costco.  When I want dry aged or tomahawks, I order from Premium Meats.  We also buy locally directly from the farm (Brylee in Thurso) or from the butcher shop in Buckingham.

Chicken is always from Saveur des Monts, usually directly at the farm but it is also available in local groceries.

It has been a while but back in the days, Brisson in your neighbourhood was one of the best butcher shop in the area.

• @Paqman: Thanks for the info. While I appreciate Bisson (as well as the convenience of it being within 5 mins of my place), their prices are not the most wallet friendly. I used to love Boucherie Cholette (on Cholette before moving to Mont Bleu and then closing) and now sometimes frequent Boucherie Gréber. Still looking for a butcher to call my own though. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,182
    edited February 2017
    @paqman: Also, would love to be able to order from Premium Meats, but I think I had relayed my previous experience, which will serve as a strong deterrent from doing so.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    paqman said:
    Looks great!  Not sure about that ketchup tho...
    Is that like A1?
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • @Hans61 - they are close, with the A1 a little more tomatoe, IMO. HP has that can't put your finger on it bitter that really enhances steaks. They are both brown sauces. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • That is a good cook
    Looks like someone had to set the silverware down before you could get the camera focused.
    that means it was too good to wait any longer.

• paqman
    edited February 2017
    @Hans61 - they are close, with the A1 a little more tomatoe, IMO. HP has that can't put your finger on it bitter that really enhances steaks. They are both brown sauces. 
    @Hans61

@Skiddymarker has a good description.  To that, I would add that A1 is for womens and HP is for mens 

@Paqman: Thanks for the info. While I appreciate Bisson (as well as the convenience of it being within 5 mins of my place), their prices are not the most wallet friendly. I used to love Boucherie Cholette (on Cholette before moving to Mont Bleu and then closing) and now sometimes frequent Boucherie Gréber. Still looking for a butcher to call my own though. 
    @GrateEggspectations Costco is probably your best value for the money.  Bisson used to cut whole carcasses so they could get you any cut you asked.  I know they have expanded so not sure if they still do that.  It is the last place in the area where I could order fresh milk fed veal liver and specify the thickness and have it properly trimmed.  They were a bit more expensive than other butcher shops but the quality was there.  Again, it has been a while since I've been there so it may have changed.  Never been to Cholette.  Gréber is OK but nothing more.

You give Premium Meats another chance.

• @GrateEggspectations /@paqman, I have always liked going to the Butchery in Bells Corners but that is on my side of the river and not yours.  Apparently Lavergnes in Orleans is also quite good but I have never made it out there.

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    paqman said:
    @Hans61 - they are close, with the A1 a little more tomatoe, IMO. HP has that can't put your finger on it bitter that really enhances steaks. They are both brown sauces. 
    @Hans61

@Skiddymarker has a good description.  To that, I would add that A1 is for womens and HP is for mens 
    I purchased some HP from UK upon seeing Paq use it on occasion. I like it. Has a lot umami flavor IMO. Not too sharp or overstated either. Thanks @paqman
  • @pgprescott - umami, that's the can't put your finger on it taste.
    I know Amazon carries HP, think it comes from the UK. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    @pgprescott - umami, that's the can't put your finger on it taste.
    I know Amazon carries HP, think it comes from the UK. 
    that's exactly what I did.  =)
  • paqman
    @pgprescott HP sauce is for men but HP sauce from UK is for real men

paqman said:
    @pgprescott HP sauce is for men but HP sauce from UK is for real men
    Mine was shipped from the UK. I didn't know you could get it in the US. It's a real nice steak sauce. Thanks for the tip.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    ribeye cap and a pork chop. tough to beat. Looks delicious. Thank you for sharing.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited February 2017
    @paqman
    That's some fine looking grub for sure brother Paq. Awesome job. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,676
    Outstanding cook.
    Ribeye cap is awesome.