Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Profile in Courage

Options

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I'm old enough to remember Obama tweeting lies about the size of his election victories and inauguration crowds.  Oh wait...
    Real consequential stuff. Not little stuff like aca or Benghazi or police in Cambridge or shall I continue?
  • pgprescott
    Options

I'm old enough to remember Obama tweeting lies about the size of his election victories and inauguration crowds.  Oh wait...
    Oh, ransom, horrible nuke deals........
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Fast and furious? 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Am I imagining it or are Trump's public pronouncements less frequent and more managed? 

Long term, many of his promises must end up getting quietly junked by his party who cannot agree with the tax less / spend more rhetoric. Something has to give there.

It's an interesting watch from the outside.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Am I imagining it or are Trump's public pronouncements less frequent and more managed? 

Long term, many of his promises must end up getting quietly junked by his party who cannot agree with the tax less / spend more rhetoric. Something has to give there.

It's an interesting watch from the outside.
    They're definitely trying to hold him back, no question.

His poll numbers are already in the toilet by historical standards, and his admin hasn't even faced a true crisis yet.  Support for him largely breaks along party lines, with indies abandoning in droves. It'll be interesting to see just how long the Trump die-hards hold on.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    It's the JV team, they're not any concern. No need to bomb them when they are all in one spot out in the middle of the desert. Just let them grow and infiltrate the entire area and denigrate your predecessor. You are a real leader. Kids are in real good hands. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    I guess Trumpty Dumpty decided his super secret plan was somehow lacking since on Jan 28 he ordered SecDef Mattis to have a draft of a "New & Improved" plan to defeat ISIS on his desk in 30 days.

Can't wait to read that document.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    DMW said:
    So just throwing this out there. By some logic, since Obama did terrible things, Trump's terrible things should be overlooked and defended?

Let's hold our leaders accountable for their words and actions, regardless of party affiliation.
    Yep.  That's what we should be doing.  No question.

I think the reality is that Trump's policies and actions right now are largely indefensible.  So the only recourse for many conservatives is to complain about Obama or Hillary or liberal tears.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    DMW said:
    So just throwing this out there. By some logic, since Obama did terrible things, Trump's terrible things should be overlooked and defended?

Let's hold our leaders accountable for their words and actions, regardless of party affiliation.
    Why now. Hypocrisy 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    DMW said:

Let's overlook years of consequential incompetence and go ballistic over nothing but bs. hypocrisy 
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Is lighting the Cal campus on fire the example of tolerance the left really wants to set?

I dont remember the riots and fires set by Sarah Palin and the tea party when Obama got elected...but if you disagreed with anything he said you were a racist anyway...

The media was  in on it and they produce nothing of substance,  the party is over for them and the lobbyisists. (pun and spelling error intended).  

Maxine Waters has invented a more severe level of stupid,  Putin is invading N Korea?  

Our country's obsession with political correctness is about to be annihilated by the greatest economic boom in history.  US energy companies, biotech and real estate are all about to grow in value to  levels never before imagined.

But since i am a 47 year old fat white guy who identifies as a nine year old Asian girl, I now see Trump as an evil monster because he violated my rights by destroying the protections i had regarding transgender bathroom use....I want Caitlyn Jenner to save me!

Trump was not made by the media so the media cant destroy him.  Wheres that creepy thrill going up your leg Chris Matthews?  I thought a bunch of Hollywood and media elites would leave the US if Trump won.  Why is Rosie Odonnell still here?  OINK!

Hillary Clinton sure has a lot of credibility with common working people, especially as evidenced by her acceptance of $250,000 in speaking fees from GREEDman Sachs.  Right

But we gotta fight trump, hes evil, hes a racist and he got russia to hack the us election and fix it to his advantage

Dont worry america, washington dc knows whats best for you.  Wait around like a bunch of damn sheep to be told what to do by the intellectual elites who are smarter than the rest of us

Obama attended ONE Army Navy game in eight years.   Some Commander In Chief....Presidemt elect trump has attended one Army Navy game before being sworn in.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Because attending the Army-Navy game ... that's leadership!
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    "Let me control the media and I will turn any nation into a herd of pigs." 

The real issue is that the MSM is not free and fair. It is a wholly owned arm of the DNC. Way beyond mere bias. 

Maybe the US networks like ABC, CBS and NBC, possibly even Public Broadcasting. FOX is pretty much an arm of the GOP isn't it? I do hear what you are saying, but the world media, with their own correspondents in DC, are reporting on the White House. In Canada, CBC, CTV, CITY and Global are national networks that report on many of the exaggerated and outright false statements the White House makes. Even the BBC, long considered around the world as one of the most accurate (non-anaylitical or judgemental) news reporting agencies has been denied access. In the end it is a pity. There are some things in the platform that might need to be done in the opinion of many Americans. All could be accomplished if the in your face attitude and use of alternative facts was dialled down a touch, to some semblance of reality.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • pgprescott
    Options

DMW said:

Yep.  That's what we should be doing.  No question.

I think the reality is that Trump's policies and actions right now are largely indefensible.  So the only recourse for many conservatives is to complain about Obama or Hillary or liberal tears.
    I love the libs new found interest in accountability. Hypocrites. The Cambridge police blunder did more damage to our society and country than the whole of Trumps words. Words!

keep it up. It's working!
  • pgprescott
    Options
    "Let me control the media and I will turn any nation into a herd of pigs." 

The real issue is that the MSM is not free and fair. It is a wholly owned arm of the DNC. Way beyond mere bias. 

Maybe the US networks like ABC, CBS and NBC, possibly even Public Broadcasting. FOX is pretty much an arm of the GOP isn't it? I do hear what you are saying, but the world media, with their own correspondents in DC, are reporting on the White House. In Canada, CBC, CTV, CITY and Global are national networks that report on many of the exaggerated and outright false statements the White House makes. Even the BBC, long considered around the world as one of the most accurate (non-anaylitical or judgemental) news reporting agencies has been denied access. In the end it is a pity. There are some things in the platform that might need to be done in the opinion of many Americans. All could be accomplished if the in your face attitude and use of alternative facts was dialled down a touch, to some semblance of reality.  
    That's laughable. 
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    @pgprescott - why?
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    DMW said:
    I thought Hillary was a terrible option and Obama pushed forward policies I didn't agree with. I also think Trump is an idiot. How is that hypocrisy?
    Your problem here is your use of facts, logic, and  reason.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    The projection from the administration is fascinating to watch:

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Because attending the Army-Navy game ... that's leadership!
    It's such an important display of leadership that only 8 presidents have attended those games in the last 100 or so years.

Technically tho - President Trump has not yet attended an Army-Navy game. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    edited February 2017
    Options
    A man killed an Indian American engineer in Kansas while shouting "get out of my country" - thinking he was Middle Eastern. The White House has said exactly nothing about the incident - shameful.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    DMW said:
    I thought Hillary was a terrible option and Obama pushed forward policies I didn't agree with. I also think Trump is an idiot. How is that hypocrisy?
    Did you call for accountability by the press at ny time in the last 8 years? Doubtful. It is only when a republican is in the wh do you get this sort of call. Period. To deny this is diluted. Hypocrisy is very easy to spot and the public sees it easily. When will we hear something is "old news". Remember that nearly weekly from the press during the last 8 years. It was a thinly bailed way to not hold them accountable. When will something be old news for trump. Answer, never. 

Hypocrisy. 
  • gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    Options

Obama attended ONE Army Navy game in eight years.   Some Commander In Chief....Presidemt elect trump has attended one Army Navy game before being sworn in.

I almost forgot he went to the game before even being sworn in....WOW! And now I also recall he wanted to have a parade of tanks, missile launchers and other armament as part of his inaugural parade ala North Korea, Russia and China....don't think any other U.S. president ever requested that. Yes....we should be very fortunate to have Trump as our Commander-in-Chief with his hand on the nuclear button.
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @pgprescott - Yes, when Susan Rice went on the talk shows claiming a YouTube video was responsible when clearly the facts showed later she knew that was not the case. That was wrong and I was calling them out. I have for most of my life called out the left. Now, I'm calling out Trump. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • pgprescott
    Options
    DMW said:
    @pgprescott - Yes, when Susan Rice went on the talk shows claiming a YouTube video was responsible when clearly the facts showed later she knew that was not the case. That was wrong and I was calling them out. I have for most of my life called out the left. Now, I'm calling out Trump. 
    No one was even fired or resigned. They should be in prison. Double standard. 

Good for you then. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    This event is an outdated ceremonial Bs night for the wicked media to pay themselves on their backs and proclaim their internal set importance.   Donald J.  Ain't got time for that!!! He's too busy undoing the mess created B Hussein over the last eight years.  Next thing all you libtards will complain about is Donald J. skipping the turkey pardoning ceremony in November.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • pgprescott
    Options

The foreign press is way more liberal than the domestic. Life is all about perspective and respectfully, I'll take mine over yours when it comes to our issues. You would be smart to do the same with respect to your issues. Look up and see if all press has always been granted access to every event? You guys are so knee jerk and superficial it's hilarious. The sum of all these bitches amounts to nothing. What single issue of any substance is a problem for you. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    So the left suddenly cares about accountability while the right has suddenly... forgotten about it?  Do I have that right?  LOL.

I actually don't think that's fair to either side.  Certainly at the moment there are more than a handful of conservatives and GOP representatives calling for independent investigations into the White House's ties to Russia.  I guess not everyone agrees with the characterization of some of the facts there as "fake news."