Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sous vide burgers... I've raised my bar abit.

Options
Made the best burgers ever for lunch today...  Mind blowingly good...  No pics though, I had some guests over and didn't want to go down that road.

What I did:

1) Used my Kitchen Aid food grinder to grind some chuck steaks and bacon(raw) together.  Trimmed all the hard fat out first.  Was shooting for a 13 to 3 chuck/bacon ratio, but ended up with a little less chuck than I was expecting after all the trimming.  Ground it twice using the coarse die both times to get a good mix.
2) Mixed the ground beef, about 28 oz total, with one whole egg.
3) Used a burger press to lightly pack it into patties.  Made 5 patties that were just under 6 oz, about 3/4" thick.
4) Seasoned with sea salt and black pepper.
5) Cooked in the sous vide at 140 degrees for 1 hour.
6) Dried the patties with paper towels, seasoned again with sea salt, added some butter to the preheated CI skillet, then seared for 30 seconds on side side in a hot CI skillet.
7) Flipped, added a cheese slice, covered to help melt the cheese, and seared for 30 seconds more.

Makes alot of smoke, would have done it outside with the skillet on the egg, but storms were on the way.

Grinding your own beef and adding bacon for the fat makes all the difference!

Comments