Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is it me or is this year a bit nuts?

Options
2017 is already quite memorable. Lots of great entertainment happening in the US. We are celebrating our 150th. I am retiring next week. To boot, just bought tickets to see Jackson Browne and Tom Petty. To celebrate my last day at work next week, I am bringing a bottle of scotch, some smoked cheese and some almonds that are being cold smoked this morning. 

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Nice and congrats on the retirement. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Jackson Browne, Tom Petty and retiring? I'm jealous. Congrats!!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Congrats! Been retired myself for 12 years now and have loved every minute of it! I wish you the same fate ahead!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
    Congrats!  Now that you have the time, helping your dealer start the 1st eggfest in the Nation's Capital would be the icing on the cake  ;)
    canuckland
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Congrats!  Now that you have the time, helping your dealer start the 1st eggfest in the Nation's Capital would be the icing on the cake  ;)
    @Canugghead: Is this actually something in the works? I am in the Ottawa area and would love to see this happen. 

Congrats on the retirement @Chef Charles. Seems like you will be celebrating in style. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Congratulations on the retirement. I am hoping you will enjoy every minute of every day. The party favors you are providing will be appreciated by all.
    Thank you for posting. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Congrats! The concert sounds awesome too. 
    Now let's talk about that perforated pan you have in the picture please
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Chef Charles
    Options
    Hey Gary,

I tried once ... even had a couple of reps head down to the big fest in Niagara.  Perhaps I should try harder.  Being retired means that I will be hanging out here more often!

Tom

Tom

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• Chef Charles
    Options
    RRP said:
    Congrats! Been retired myself for 12 years now and have loved every minute of it! I wish you the same fate ahead!
    Thanks Ron

I am going to be in touch with you in the Spring so that I can hop on that gasket bandwagon.

Tom

Tom

• The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    Congrats on retirement!  I did the same on 1-FEB.  Everyone says it will be boring, unfortunately, there always seems to be something to keep me busy so I haven't been able to get bored yet.  (Probably never will)

May your retirement offer you the opportunities to do the things you always wanted to do and enjoy life!!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Congrats on the retirement and enjoy the show, that's a pretty sweet lineup. 
  • chuckytheegghead
    Options
    @Canugghead: Is this actually something in the works? I am in the Ottawa area and would love to see this happen. 

Congrats on the retirement @Chef Charles. Seems like you will be celebrating in style. 
    I'm surprised that there isn't an eggfest in Ottawa, maybe for our 150 you guys can make it happen. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations haha I was just kidding, with your assist, may be Tom @Chef Charles can pull it off on this momentous 150th  =)
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Congrats on the transition to the "Every day is Saturday" lifestyle.  If you don't own one, you may want a watch with the day of the week in addition to date and time on the dial.  Days can run together.  Above all, enjoy.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Congrats on retirement, tho' realize there will prob'ly be just as much stuff as ever to do.

Nice bunch of nuts your working on.  ;) What kind of smoke wood goes well w. almonds?
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I am still 1234 days from eligelablity. Don't no if it will be then or later, but hope to reach that milestone in my life as well. Congrats to you and way to send yourself off. All the best.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Congrats on the transition to the "Every day is Saturday" lifestyle.  If you don't own one, you may want a watch with the day of the week in addition to date and time on the dial.  Days can run together.  Above all, enjoy.  
    I retired a few years ago and that was one of the funniest things I noticed after being out of the office for a few months - forgetting what day of the week it was. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Congrats!

Options
    Congratulation on retiring, 4 years to go for me if the stars align properly.  
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Congrats! 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options

Yes it is just you, cause you're a bit nuts.

Browne and Petty, WOW.

Congrats!

Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!