Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Bone-in Turkey breasthesis

TonyTony Posts: 224
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
BGEphotos070.jpg
<p />Today is my daughters birthday. I was planning on cooking some baby backs for her on the egg. She requested turkey instead. So I ran out to whole foods market and picked up these two bone-in turkey breast or as Mike Tyson would say "breasthesis :)

One weighs 2.58 lb and the other is 2.80 lbs.[p]Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions. Right now I have them in zip-lock bags soaking in a salt water brine. I also bought some Cajun Injector Creole Butter.[p]My plan is to inject them with the Creole Butter, rub with evoo, cook them on a raised grid, indirect, over a drip pan, with one chunk of pecan wood at around 340 degrees until the internal temp of breast reaches 160.[p]Does this sound right?
Am I missing something?
How long should I expect the cook to take?
Is there anything else I can do to make it better?[p] [p]

Comments