Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wicked Good Lump (Weekend Warrior Blend) Group Buy - Chicagoland Area

Options
Hello fellow eggheads, 

I haven't been on this forum in a long while due to, well, life!

I have been recently searching for Wicked Good Lump (Weekend Warrior Blend) in the Chicagoland area and it seems that it has run dry.  I have contacted the company, and it is available to order.  If you purchase online, its about $32 a bag shipped to your house (you must by in multiples of 2).  The next way of volume ordering is by pallet.  I am attempting to coordinate a group buy and purchasing a pallet (or possibly two) with pickup in the western suburbs of Chicago (Downers Grove).  Each pallet containing appx. 40 bags.  The total cost (with shipping) comes out to be a little over $18 a bag.  I am asking for $19 a bag (because I hate coins - so I rounded up).  Still pricey, I know, but better than online, and for reference, I just picked up a bag of Rockwood for $26 a bag locally.  So, maybe not that bad.  I am ordering this Monday, Feb 27, and the company claims it will be delivered by the end of the week ( I will keep you posted).

So if you are interested in participating please just drop me a PM via this forum and include your name, location, phone number,  # of bags, and email address. I will reply to everyone confirming their order and status updates as the process moves forward.  In the unlikely event there are too many responses, I will take the orders as I receive them by email and post here when it is full.

Just a note:  I won’t be ordering more than two pallets due to my having to pick it up at a shipping terminal, and it will be enough trouble breaking down and offloading two pallets of lump into my trailer by myself, let alone many more pallets. There isn’t a volume price break again until you purchase 4 or more pallets, so my pricing should be accurate.

I am going to post this on one other BBQ forum I frequent in hopes that enough people are interested and place an order.
Individual pick up will be in Downers Grove Illinois area as soon as the product has been picked up .

Thanks for reading.  Any questions, just PM me.

Rod

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I don't know what happened, but they weren't shipping anything for almost a year. Just started a gain this month. 
  • rhart
    rhart Posts: 3
    Options
    It has been a long dry spell.  They told me they were ready to ship as soon as I ordered.  Dealers around Chicago do not have any inventory.  That's why I am buying at least a pallet and spreading the word if anyone wants in on it.
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    We had 8 to 10 people in on an annual Oklahoma City group buy going for few years. It seemed like we were getting a 64 bag pallet delivered to one guy that had a loading dock at his work. Wicked Good is good stuff, and I like consistently using the same lump.

I have adapted to using Royal Oak since then, but now I can't find it, and I may have to switch lumps again. When you are consistently using the same lump set it and forget it vent settings become fairly easy after burning one bag.
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • rhart
    rhart Posts: 3
    Options
    One or two pallets yearly with the same group would be ideal.  I don't know anyone with a loading dock, but the shipping terminal is not terribly far.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    @ibanda -  If you want to expand your charcoal horizon, give this site a look http://www.firecraft.com . Free shipping >$99 so best to order 6 bags of charcoal as they ship very well in 3 bags to a heavy duty box.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.