Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kind of ABTesque • Ever Used this Gadget in the BGE?

mojopin
mojopin Posts: 200
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
product_image.php?imageid=49
<p />It's called the Chili Grill.
I saw it being used on Ham On The Street, we watch it all the time. He made stuffed jalapenos on this contraption. [p]I was trying to think what I'd need to make one myself I could make awesome ABT's.... but anyhow, he stuffed jalapenos with PB&J. [p]PB&J!! Sounded kind of crazy and I'm going to have to try it tomorrow! I'd love to do it Rellenos style if anyone has a great recipe they'd like to offer!

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    mojopin,
    Spring Hen gave me a Chile Grill a few years back and this is my first attempt using their instructions. [p]ChileGrill3.jpg[p]I found it more trouble than just cooking ABT's the regular way so I haven't used it since. I suppose I should experiment with it. In the meantime I can use it to serve ABT's.[p]Spring (Four AM Rooster" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• mojopin,
    I have one similiar, when buying jalapenos you need to get the short fat ones. 1 1/2-2 inch long because they contract when cooking and will fall through the hole in the holder. I core the top and fill with whatever and then lay 1/2 strip thick bacon, which has been dropped in boiling water for 2 minutes. securing the bacon with a toothpick. When everything is said and done, I am with Spring Chicken. Great for presentation but too much trouble for cooking.