Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Smoked Salmon Tutorial (LINK)

Options
The Naked Whiz
The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have just posted a new tutorial on smoked salmon, much in the style of the Trex steak tutorial. It was sent to me by Russell Smallwood, a long-time Egg owner. His writing style is enjoyable and he's been smoking salmon a long time. You can find it on my recipes page under "fish" if you are interested.[p]TNW
[ul][li]Recipes Page[/ul]
The Naked Whiz

Comments

• ChrisC
    ChrisC Posts: 107
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]Great write up but where are the pictures - we need visual supporting documentation!!!
  • SeeRockCity
    Options
    ChrisC,[p]The salmon is always gone before I can get the camera off the charger ;)

• Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    Options
    Whiz:[p]Here is another famous salmon recipe:[p]Cardogs BBQ Salmon[p]Dry Rub
    1 cup light brown sugar, packed
    1 cup non-iodized table salt
    3 TBSP granulated garlic powder
    3 TBSP granulated onion
    1 TBSP dried dill weed
    1 TBSP dried savory
    2 tsp dried tarragon [p]Mix all ingredients thoroughly. [p]Finishing Rub
    1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
    1 TBSP granulated garlic powder
    1 TBSP granulated onion
    1 tsp dried savory
    1 tsp dried tarragon [p]Mix all ingredients thoroughly.[p]Buy a fresh, 3-pound salmon fillet, preferably Sockeye or King. Remove the pin bones using tweezers or needle nose pliers. Do not remove the skin. Place skin-side down in a glass or stainless steel pan.[p]Pack the dry rub on the flesh side of the fillet, approximately 1/4" thick. Let the fillet rest in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours (the longer you leave the rub on, the stronger the salt flavor). Rinse the fillet in cool, clean water to remove the dry rub, then pat dry. Allow to dry for about 30 minutes, until the flesh becomes tacky.[p]Sprinkle finishing rub on the fillet (twice what you would use as if you were heavy salt and peppering). Cook on pre-heated BBQ with the lid closed at 300 to 350 to an internal temp of 140-155° (your preference) measured in the center of the thickest part of the fillet.[p]Jim Minion

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    ChrisC,
    I said the same thing to Russell. We will just have to twist his arm to make him make more smoked salmon so he can take photos. Or he can come to my house and I'll take the photos, lol!
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • DTM
    DTM Posts: 127
    Options
    Yo Doug
    Great info. I like your friend's writing style...kind'a reminds me of the old days. Hope you and the family are well and college is going OK.
    Your friend,
    Dan