Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Southern Soul Food. In the Style of Dixie.

Options
2»

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    I do believe @SGH is angling for a food truck at southern State Fairs-clearly served with a side order of anus he would be the star of the midway here in the land of KY jelly.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Sweet100s
    Options
    Wow, time to crash Chez SGH! 

Door Passcode = Steak Fingers please!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Sweet100s said:
    Wow, time to crash Chez SGH! 

Door Passcode = Steak Fingers please!
    Sister you can crash Casa La'Horton anytime. Just come hungry =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleRay415
    Options
    Yes, fried food!  That looks so good!
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Outstanding cook!! :clap:
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    I'd hit that steak and cornbread all day long. 

But am I the only one that doesn't get the appeal of "greens"?  When I was younger several of us agreed that they must actually be what happens when you cook the grass that cakes on the underside of your lawn mower when you mow on a moist morning or after a rain...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Dave in Florida
    Options
    Reminds me of being at Granny's house for dinner. Ahhh, memory lane.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    I'd hit that steak and cornbread all day long. 

But am I the only one that doesn't get the appeal of "greens"?  When I was younger several of us agreed that they must actually be what happens when you cook the grass that cakes on the underside of your lawn mower when you mow on a moist morning or after a rain...
    I dont eat greens either. Just cant get myself to like them. Same as celery, bell pepper, and cauliflower. 

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    clearly served with a side order of anus 
    Everything is better with anus brother Cap ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Only one thing to say.....YUM!!!!!
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx