Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

sousvided a point,

Options

followed jic's link. probably cut the times back a little as it was getting potroasty but that could be because it was a small point and not a flat. the sliced pic is out of focus but you can see it was really moist. burnt ends were outrageous

what to do with xmas lights and bottles of crown the rest of the year =)

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Hmm, I may have to try that. Looks like that will fit in my crock pot. No way for a packer though. Not until I break down and buy an Anova. So far, the PID is meeting my needs.

I did a 3 lb x 48 hour chuck roast a couple of times. Delicious!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Looks great!  Nice choice of adult beverage as well!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Looks good....  The only issue I've had with SV brisket is too much fat. This is a point issue - only resolution is to render fat by cooking hotter.

What's the story on your H2?  Fixable?
    Options
    Hmm, I may have to try that. Looks like that will fit in my crock pot. No way for a packer though. Not until I break down and buy an Anova. So far, the PID is meeting my needs.

I did a 3 lb x 48 hour chuck roast a couple of times. Delicious!
    the chuck roast is a good cook. this was the recipe, i did not brine per jic's instructions, the glaze is needed but you will need to adapt that, i did use liquid smoke, i did not use pink salt. with the point there was alot of broth in the bag for dipping, on the potatoes etc.

https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/smokerless-smoked-brisket

fukahwee maine

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Looks great.  I'll be trying this.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    Looks good....  The only issue I've had with SV brisket is too much fat. This is a point issue - only resolution is to render fat by cooking hotter.

What's the story on your H2?  Fixable?
    i had to cut the center strip fat off, other than that it wasnt an issue. im still trying to get the h2 home, best price for the tow was a grand so looking into getting a low bed trailer now, the standard car carriers wont take the weight.  the side fender bent in so the radiator and mounts are gone, hoods a wreck, roof racks torn off, drivers door is fixable, mirror torn off, passenger door is good to go, rear quarter is toast, anything plastic on drivers side is shattered, passenger door has a dent as well as rear quarter. inside is full of sticks and sawdust from cutting the trees away and off it.( i hit all windows down when looking for a way out of it) small dent on roof.  has not been appraised yet but its going to need a full paint job.  doesnt look bad in the pick, its a shame, this truck didnt have even a minor scratch on it. only the windshield cracked. was going to bend the radiator mounts back and start it but then saw the fluid on both tires. fingers crossed that ins covers it all but i dont have a good feeling about that. first payment is this week :s

fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    it was a very peaceful crash, hardly a bump. unlike this morning in the dark at 3 am, tripping over a boot, hitting my eye socket on the counter on the way down, bruising my thigh on the metal bed frame, breaking another toe i think, hitting my elbow on the cement floor trying to break the fall. everythings swelled up and turning black :o these things come in three's
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    it was a very peaceful crash, hardly a bump. unlike this morning in the dark at 3 am, tripping over a boot, hitting my eye socket on the counter on the way down, bruising my thigh on the metal bed frame, breaking another toe i think, hitting my elbow on the cement floor trying to break the fall. everythings swelled up and turning black :o these things come in three's
    Dude!  This hurt me just reading it!
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Was this mornings fall thing#3?  Or 2?  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Was this mornings fall thing#3?  Or 2?  
    this was number TWO, I CANT WAIT FOR THREE
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    Dude!  This hurt me just reading it!
    feels like i got beaten in southie in the back of an alley by a dumpster =)
    fukahwee maine

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited February 2017
    Options
    It might be time for a green egger family meeting/intervention to discuss nursing home placement.  =)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• fishlessman
    Options
    Focker said:
    It might be time for a green egger family meeting/intervention to discuss nursing home placement.  =)
    not sure about the nursing home but maybe an intervention. seems to be alot of binge drinking after the fact. the officer at the hummer scene asked if i had been drinking.  i said no...not yet
    fukahwee maine

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    Did you get permission to use sous vide as a verb?
    Burnt ends look awesome, the H2 not so much and you didn't post any pics of your eye socket to toe - trust all is OK.....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Did you get permission to use sous vide as a verb?
    Burnt ends look awesome, the H2 not so much and you didn't post any pics of your eye socket to toe - trust all is OK.....
      all's ok, i did not break the counter, the bed rail,or the cement floor ;)
    fukahwee maine

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Focker said:
    not sure about the nursing home but maybe an intervention. seems to be alot of binge drinking after the fact. the officer at the hummer scene asked if i had been drinking.  i said no...not yet
    Do they ask you and then decide whether to breathalyse? Here you get a breath test automatically every time you get pulled over.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Focker said:
    Do they ask you and then decide whether to breathalyse? Here you get a breath test automatically every time you get pulled over.
    This is America son.  We have rights in this country.  
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Focker said:
    its different state to state, if you refuse its an automatic loss of license in my area and most states are reciprocal. in maine its best to drink on foot. if you had too many and you give your keys to someone that did not drink so much you are equally liable. then theres the roadblocks, illegal in this state to roadblock for drunk driving, so they roadblock to make sure you have a license, then bust you. dont drink in a canoe with paddles either. i get boarded alot in the boat, the spy equipment on board the marine patrols is insane. i drink tea on the boat nowadays
    fukahwee maine

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Focker said:
    its different state to state, if you refuse its an automatic loss of license in my area and most states are reciprocal. in maine its best to drink on foot. if you had too many and you give your keys to someone that did not drink so much you are equally liable. then theres the roadblocks, illegal in this state to roadblock for drunk driving, so they roadblock to make sure you have a license, then bust you. dont drink in a canoe with paddles either. i get boarded alot in the boat, the spy equipment on board the marine patrols is insane. i drink tea on the boat nowadays
    We don't get 'roadblocks' here, they officially can't just stop you for a check because they feel like it and have to have a reason.  This, of course, can be anything.  My son got pulled last year (zero reading) driving home late after they followed him for about 5 miles and told him he had made a right turn 'a bit fast' when he was nearly home.  Clearly had no probable cause, so made one up instead.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Focker said:
    Land of the free they say....

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA