Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salado EggFest 2017

Options

Comments

• Austin  Egghead
    Options
    COOKIES!!! we will be next to y'all again  num num num.  See you two soon
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Well looks like we are about 25 days till the 2017 Salado EggFest.
    Hotel reservations are made and now we need to work on those cookie recipes!!

So we should have:
    Tequila Sunrise cookies and Jonah's Curse Coconut Cookies

If we can get the recipes done!!

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,832
    Options
    And we haven't decided what to cook for the actual fest.  Maybe we'll just pretend to cook something by an egg all day...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Hotch
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    And we haven't decided what to cook for the actual fest.  Maybe we'll just pretend to cook something by an egg all day...
    @Foghorn Just bring some more of that barrel aged beer and you will be good to go!!!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    In the same boat here. I don't think I've registered to cook yet. Need to get on that.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Hotch
    Options
    For those needing a place to stay call Will and the guys at Inn on the Creek. 
    They have a few rooms available for the Salado EggFest. They are the Host for both the Pre-Party and the legendary Post Party!! You don't want to miss either one! 

Inn on the Creek   
    Address: 602 Center Cir, Salado, TX 76571 
    Phone: (254) 947-5554
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • gmbbs
    gmbbs Posts: 110
    Options
    We are planning on being there and slinging pizza pies again! Need to book a room this time and stay for the shenanigans...
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    The Inn on the Creek is a great place to stay if you like a B&B experience, and the convenience of walking from the parties to your room/cottage.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    We will be there.  Looks like wings are going to be our cook.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Hotch said:
    Foghorn said:
    @Foghorn Just bring some more of that barrel aged beer and you will be good to go!!!

Maybe I'll just pass out 1 oz servings of good beer and tell people I cooked it on the egg.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Texas!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • aggieljh
    Options
    forgive my ignorance on the issue, being fairly new to the bge...but what is this?  i'm interested since I only live about 35 minutes away....
    Cameron, TX   Large BGE, 36" Blackstone, Yoder 640 w/Comp Cart
  • Hotch
    Options
    @aggieljh An EggFest is an event where a retailer will bring in 20-100 BGE Large Eggs. Then invite EggHeads to come in and cook on them. Once the event is over they are then sold for a Demo price. That is a simple explanation.
    Most have a meet and greet party prior and Salado has and after party. You will have a great time!!

Take a look at a couple of these from years past at Salado.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-PAw9L1esg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR85iXQ2eiQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgUF4V3ftf4

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Foghorn
    Options
    caliking said:
    Foghorn said:
    In the same boat here. I don't think I've registered to cook yet. Need to get on that.

@caliking, I'm glad you mentioned that.  I had not thought to do it, but I've done it now.  I will likely have my daughter with me this time.  She's a senior at A&M and will be happy to partake of whatever beverages are available - kinda like @SGH's Party Animal son.

@aggieljh, you should plan on attending - and recognize that the actual eggfest is a lot of fun, but it's the Friday and Saturday parties for cooks, etc at Inn on the Creek that are the highlight for most of us.

San Antonio, TX

• Hotch
    Options
    Working on our cooks for Salado. I have 2 test batches of cookies in the fridge.
    Tequila Sunrise and Jonah's Curse Coconut Rum Chocolate.
    Plan on cooking both tonight and creating a glaze or frosting for each.
    Also working on two marinated skirt steaks.
    One is a Balsamic Vinegar Beef marinade and the other is a Red Wine and Soy marinade.
    Will post later tonight the results of the cooks.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Hotch said:
    Working on our cooks for Salado. I have 2 test batches of cookies in the fridge.
    Tequila Sunrise and Jonah's Curse Coconut Rum Chocolate.
    Plan on cooking both tonight and creating a glaze or frosting for each.
    Also working on two marinated skirt steaks.
    One is a Balsamic Vinegar Beef marinade and the other is a Red Wine and Soy marinade.
    Will post later tonight the results of the cooks.
    All sound like winners!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    This all sounds great!

Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • caliking
    Options
    @hotch you need someone to help with quality control? :smiley:

• Hotch
    edited February 2017
    Options
    caliking said:
    @hotch you need someone to help with quality control? :smiley:
    @caliking Yes, need someone to certify both the Tequila and the Rum...
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Or just plan to cook and serve it all up at the preparty.  Whatever is left over can be served at the fest...

San Antonio, TX

• Hotch
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Well the cookies were nothing special. Was hoping for a big Wow!! Nada.....
    Looks like I just gonna drink the Jonah's Curse. Now time to work on a plan B!!
    May have to bring back one from the past!!

Only 16 Days till The Salado Eggfest!!

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • caliking
    Options
    Hotch said:
    Well the cookies were nothing special. Was hoping for a big Wow!! Nada.....
    Looks like I just gonna drink the Jonah's Curse. Now time to work on a plan B!!
    May have to bring back one from the past!!

Only 16 Days till The Salado Eggfest!!

Easy, tiger. You may need some help with that Jonah's... 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    @Hotch, @caliking, @Foghorn, @EggObsessed, @Austin Egghead, @20stone, @Photo Egg, @springchicken.  Guys and girls I will miss you this year. Will try to make it back for the Saturday night party.  Will be in Seaside, FL as Granddaughters spring break (Frisco ISD) is early. 
    Please (as of today) they have not got the City to give an ok for adult beverages in the Park. The Park is dry. Salado only has one cop so it may not be a problem. What I am saying is to keep adult beverages on the down low and not like in past years at the Park.  Talking EggFest only as after parties are on private Inn On The Creek land. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Foghorn
    Options
    So, if we put a beverage table across the creek and just wade across any time we're thirsty - that would work?

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    So, if we put a beverage table across the creek and just wade across any time we're thirsty - that would work?
    That's the reason they gave you that advanced degree, not just because you could pick out really good beer. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Foghorn
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Foghorn said:
    That's the reason they gave you that advanced degree, not just because you could pick out really good beer. 
    I'm a "can do" kinda guy. 

San Antonio, TX

• caliking
    Options
    NNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!! 

Say it isn't so. Salado without Mickey is like a brisket without bark.

• Hotch
    Options
    @Mickey Hope you guys can make it back for the After Party!
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Foghorn
    Options
    caliking said:
    NNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!! 

I had a similar thought, but I would never write that. It will just go to his head. 

San Antonio, TX

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    caliking said:
    NNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!! 

I had a similar thought, but I would never write that. It will just go to his head. 
    You know what they say about guys with big heads... they tend to have big hats.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker