Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Texarkana EggFest

Anybody planning to hit the Texarkana EggFest next month?

http://www.txkeggfest.com/

Comments

• Thats one thats actually kinda close to me but wrong time of year. Coaching my boys baseball team just eats up my spring. Looks like fun. Wish I could make it. 

Little Rock, AR

• six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    I will be doing my first Eggfest cook there. I seen you on the list of cooks. I am so afraid and excited at the same time. I can not wait to meet all the awesome cooks showing up Friday night. You all rock. 

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Bruce and I are going, along with Hotch and Shelly.  I'm pretty sure that I also saw Spring Chicken and Spring Hen, and Kolbdriver and Charlotte on the sign up list.  This is our first time attending this Eggfest, but we have all cooked at about 5 Eggfests a year for at least the last 5 years.  Should be fun!  I think they are looking for more people to cook.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578

six_egg said:
    I will be doing my first Eggfest cook there. I seen you on the list of cooks. I am so afraid and excited at the same time. I can not wait to meet all the awesome cooks showing up Friday night. You all rock. 

Yes, we Chickens will be there and look forward to meeting you.  I had to chuckle because you recall a pleasant memory of EggObsessed in Plano, Texas. You will understand when we meet up Friday night.  Before you know it, you will be joining us at all the other Eggfests....sure hope so.
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • @Spring_Hen, I have no idea what you're talking about.....(wink, wink!)
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Coming from Dallas this is halfway between us and Oaklawn racetrack. Might have to hit this up and then head to the track in the afternoon.  Win/win
    Dallas, TX - 1 Large BGE, 28in Blackstone
    Instagram - @jetcooks
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Shelly and I will be cooking at Texarkana. This will be our second time there.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Spring Hen
    @Spring_Hen, I have no idea what you're talking about.....(wink, wink!)
    It has something to do with lemonade
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • LDR
    LDR Posts: 414

So, I'm trying to figure out a menu for Texarkana and how to best rotate or mix and match it, and SWMBO is asking if I've thought about where to get doilies to put onto the serving platters.  Ya know, so they'll be easier to clean between rounds.

Fortunately, we were out for our anniversary dinner and my mouth was full, so I couldn't say the first thing that came to mind.

• Spring Hen
    LDR said:

So, I'm trying to figure out a menu for Texarkana and how to best rotate or mix and match it, and SWMBO is asking if I've thought about where to get doilies to put onto the serving platters.  Ya know, so they'll be easier to clean between rounds.

Fortunately, we were out for our anniversary dinner and my mouth was full, so I couldn't say the first thing that came to mind.

My kind of gal! Can't wait to meet her.  I don't think paper towels is the right answer - although it would be correct

Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    I seemed to be a heathen for not having thought of it already!  She probably wouldn't have liked my initial response about just letting her maltipoo lick them clean!