Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

help link to temperature/diasy wheel settings

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ive searched the archives, anyone have a link to a post that shows about where daisy wheel settings and door at bottom settings are for vaious temps

Comments

• benny,
    Great question, and I hope someone does, but I think the answer is going to be something like ... "grasshopper you must toll many moons to fully understand the ways of the egg"[p]Anyway - its a great excuse to cook some things and after just a litte bit of playing with it, it should get pretty intuitive. [p]Just remember its easier to get one hot than it is to cool it down.[p]Good luck and enjoy.
    C.

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    benny,
    there is no such a thing...entirely to many variables...you could open the bottom more than I do and the top less and achieve the same temps.....ambient temps, type of lump used, wind...all of these affect the settings....get out there and play with it instead of expecting it to work like your oven. Not trying to sound mean....[p]Wess

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    benny,
    You might try to ping any users of the Micky T rings. There are those eggers who swear by these temp control rings. They were invented by a fellow egger a long, long time ago. Good luck, Tom

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    benny, My large Egg has a rule of thumb and it is always on spot.
    bottom door wide open wheel open to only the small vents exposed settles at 350
    bottom door open 1/8" and the small vents about the same, settles at 250
    Understand that the Egg must come to 25 degrees below the above temp so it will settle down.

• Bryan
    Bryan Posts: 53
    Options
    benny,
    Be one with the fire! Each cook is different, There's no sub for experience, play with it to learn what works for you!

• Kelly Keefe
    Options
    benny,[p]Approximate bottom vent settings and resulting dome temps are; 1/16"= 180-210°, 1/8"= 220-250°,
    1/4"= 250-280°, 1/2"= 275-325°, 1"= 325-350°, 2"= 350-400°. Top vent settings affect regulated temp more as the cooking temp rises as more airflow is required to maintain a hotter fire. [p]This was sent to me by Spin.[p]Kelly