Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @bgebrent - I phqued up when I called the audible for today and thawed three racks of ribs (beef back, pork BB's and st louis cut) for the stick burner.  Otherwise I was gonna just fire up a couple of chix on the barrel cooker.  That is a fire and forget-obviously the stick burner is not.
    My plan was to enter LEO on a nice afternoon tossing sticks on the fire-the LEO flight plan will occur.  Launch weather pattern not as desired.  Onward, and upward.
    Get on to LEO, makes all the rest just alright  ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Day beach trip to Folly Beach. Loving this weather. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    I'm just guessing that the foam in that cup is not from the ocean.  Enjoy.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I heard KJ was coming out with a cup that does not foam.
  • Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    Sitting at the Baltimore airport heading for Seattle then on to Houston. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Just pulled these off and wrapped and in the cooler.

Cornbread is in the oven and my wife is going to pick up a can of Bush's baked beans. Didn't even think of baked beans until just now and she was on the road anyway. Not my favorite, but they'll do in a pinch.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @DMW -  if you have any stray jalapenos around chop and toss in the beans.  Some chopped bacon would also be quite an enhancement.  And if you really wanna cheat juice 'em up with some liquid smoke.  It's all good-  FWIW-
    BTW- great looking cook right there.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DMW
    Options
    @lousubcap - Thanks for the ideas, I got voted down by SWMBO and little SWMBO on doctoring them up. I did put them on the egg to warm up, along with some stuffed mushrooms I had in the freezer.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW
    Options
    @lousubcap - Thanks for the ideas, I got voted down by SWMBO and little SWMBO on doctoring them up. I did put them on the egg to warm up, along with some stuffed mushrooms I had in the freezer.

And the cornbread is done, got a sample, turned out good.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• lousubcap
    Options
    So who snagged the advance taste test?
    Dang- the banquet gets better with every post.  Enjoy the cook and family eats.  No one goes away hungry tonight for sure.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    DMW said:

And the cornbread is done, got a sample, turned out good.

Dwayne!  I'm hungry now.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Just ordered myself a Hoyt Satori . Supposed to ship this Friday 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Thinking real hard about buying one of these. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    @SGH, I want one of those in the worst way. Just hard to justify the $$$$ they want for those things. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • SGH
    edited February 2017
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    @SGH, I want one of those in the worst way. Just hard to justify the $$$$ they want for those things. 
    I have been haggling with them for a while. For 25,000.00 cash money, I can get the 1025 TLB with a 4 foot bush hog, 4 foot box blade and 60" belly mower. Think I'm going to pull the trigger. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• jeffwit
    edited February 2017
    Options
    That's a good price for all that. Color me green with envy. I just don't have enough need for it. It's more of a want at this point. 
    Jefferson, GA
  • SGH
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    That's a good price for all that. Color me green with envy. 
    That's cash price. It's a few thousand more if you finance. I have about decided to jump on it. 

Status- Standing by.

• jeffwit
    Options
    Go for it. Let me know how you like it. 
    Jefferson, GA
  • SGH
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    Go for it. Let me know how you like it. 
    I should have it by the end of the week. They are installing the hydraulics for the auto connect deck. Will post pics of it and let you know what I think of it. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    It's more of a want at this point. 
    Same for me brother. I don't actually need it, I just want it. 

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    Options
    Turned out pretty good.

Ate way too much... Holiday tomorrow, drinking a beer or few.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SGH
    Options
    DMW said:
    Ate way too much... 
    Nonsense. A man has to eat and eat large. On a seperate note, great looking grub my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Tonight's Darwin Award.....from the Facebook group 

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Saw that too. In a wood table too. Dumbass. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Had some leftover hash browns from breakfast did cheese burger slider with American sheesh and crispy hash browns with ages white cheddar and a slice of tomato. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Just ordered myself a Hoyt Satori . Supposed to ship this Friday 

Cool!
    Good to see Hoyt change things up with the recurves this year.  Would love to have one.
    You goin' with their risers?
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• lousubcap
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Anyone who is looking into spending big $$ before the tax man date has a much better handle than me on the $$ owed.  While I try to get to a reasonable contribution mid April, every year I miss the mark.  But it's gonna all be yuge down-range.  
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    i am ... Problem is the limbs are coming later  :s
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Going absolutley bat **** crazy being stuck in the house going on week 3 now.  Had back surgery and can't do anything. I just want to egg something.  Got all these fancy gifts for xmas and haven't been able to use them yet.  There is only so much tv you can watch. lol. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    @Sea2Ski what are you night fishing for? Certainly not bonefish...
    @jethrova Sorry for the delay. We went for anything that would bite.  Found a local guy with a 20+ year old outboard on a 20 foot boat to take me because I was not going to pay $900 for a 4 hour trip dock to dock. Engine quit on us twice.  Fun times....

Caught a few snapper, some other tropical fish and a single small barracuda on a live bait I tossed out there. Also had a small reef shark hooked up long enough to identify but not long enough to land. Only went out for about 3 hours, but I got the fishing fix I needed.  

Now I am eating a Conch salad

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite.