Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

chili-spiced pork tenderloin with caramelized blackberry sauce

This was Christmas-eve dinner for us this year.  Recipe straight out of the BGE cookbook, as posted elsewhere on the forum: 

Probably the easiest thing I've cooked on my BGE so far, and I have to say - it might be the best so far as well.  It took me a little longer to get the tenderloin up to temp (I was shooting for 155) than the 5 min per side the recipe calls for.  This may have been the result of me trying to cook bacon for Christmas morning's breakfast on the egg at the same time.  

Anyway, the result was so, so good.  Incredibly moist - more than any other tenderloin I've had prepared in any other way.  Definitely worth repeating. 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    We do a similar deal on the glaze only with a seedless raspberry preserve (Polaner), except we pull the pork tenderloin off the Egg when IT hits 140F. Easiest cook on the planet!
  • The sauce in the recipe tastes a little vinegary by itself, but it was phenomenal with the pork. If folks aren't into that sort of thing honestly the tenderloin was pretty good all by itself.  Season tenderloins with chili powder, salt and pepper, throw on egg at 400 direct until internal temp hits 145 or whatever's desired.  It doesn't get much simpler than that!
  • John, That is an awesome recipe and we have made a number of times. So easy and good. Looks great.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • Where in Carolina are you?
    Boom
  • Where in Carolina are you?
    Durham.  
  • What are the measurements for the vinegar and preserves? This looks and sounds amazing
    Denver, CO
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    edited February 2017
    Pork tenderloin is the most under appreciated cut of meat. I have never had bad tenderloin. Too easy to cook, and too easy to season, and goes with any glaze you can think of.
    Great cook my friend.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I'm a fan of pork tenderloins as well. This reminds me that it's been a while since I made one.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    caliking said:
    I'm a fan of pork tenderloins as well. This reminds me that it's been a while since I made one.
    Interesting you would say that, because it seems to be quite some time since @JohnInCarolina made this cook as well!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    I dig it! 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • thetrim said:
    caliking said:
    Interesting you would say that, because it seems to be quite some time since @JohnInCarolina made this cook as well!
    Nah we do these all the time - just don't post the cooks.  Variety is the spice of life, dontcha know?
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Probably the easiest thing I've cooked on my BGE so far, and I have to say - it might be the best so far as well.  

Just judging by the above quoted, I'm going to go out on a limb here and presume that you obviously haven't gave anus a go yet ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    There goes Scotty again, always bragging about his anus. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.