Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

$99 28" Blackstone or this...tough call

Options
2»

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited February 2017
    Options
    hondabbq said:
    I guess I just don't get the appeal of one of these Blackstone Griddles. I guess if you have a lot of people to be cooking for, and using  griddle items, its a plus. I was always taught to use pans in my training, but like I said if your doing higher than normal volumes than a couple people it can have its advantages.
    It's more of a fun factor wielding two large spatulas,  choppin and flippin, over some real estate, for me.  

Like wok cooking, where things move fast, in short order.

And timing a half-dozen eggs, a package each of sausage and bacon, all simultaneously, all on the same surface.

It's worth the discounted price of admission for cheesesteaks alone.  Smashburgers too.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    Focker said:
    hondabbq said:
    I guess I just don't get the appeal of one of these Blackstone Griddles. I guess if you have a lot of people to be cooking for, and using  griddle items, its a plus. I was always taught to use pans in my training, but like I said if your doing higher than normal volumes than a couple people it can have its advantages.
    It's more of a fun factor wielding two large spatulas,  choppin and flippin, over some real estate, for me.  

Like wok cooking, where things move fast, in short order.

And timing a half-dozen eggs, a package each of sausage and bacon, all simultaneously, all on the same surface.

It's worth the discounted price of admission for cheesesteaks alone.  Smashburgers too.

I can see the appeal that way too.

I am a chef so working on a flat top is not out of the norm for me. I still have some fun wielding the double spatulas and spinning tongs.

• BrookieP
    BrookieP Posts: 135
    Options
    I really want the 36" but Chesapeake, VA is showing that the 28" is selling for $75. @johnnyp Want to blow some money?
    XL BGE & 36" Blackstone
    Instagram: BGEBrooke
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    BrookieP said:
    I really want the 36" but Chesapeake, VA is showing that the 28" is selling for $75. @johnnyp Want to blow some money?
    Get two.  Then you have a 48 inch 4 burner
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • horoegg
    Options
    If you want stainless steel Blackstone makes a 36" SS for $399 (https://www.blackstoneproducts.com/product/36-stainless-steel-outdoor-griddle-4-burner/) vs $1,800 for the Le Griddle.  Less than 1/4 of the price, 6 inches of more space and twice the burners...

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    horoegg said:
    If you want stainless steel Blackstone makes a 36" SS for $399 (https://www.blackstoneproducts.com/product/36-stainless-steel-outdoor-griddle-4-burner/) vs $1,800 for the Le Griddle.  Less than 1/4 of the price, 6 inches of more space and twice the burners...

The actual griddle top on the Blackstone SS is NOT stainless. Only parts of the body.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
    so jealous! 
    canuckland