Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pastrami dinner

Options
Decided to do some pastrami sandwiches for dinner tonight. Ended up having to foil it to help speed it up so I didn't get the "look" I was hoping for but the flavor was very good. I made my sandwich on rye with havarti cheese, onion, deli mustard and topped it off with a pickle slice. My wife put coleslaw on hers and opted out of the pickle slice. Overall I was very happy with it and was to busy eating and forgot to take photo evidence of my sandwich. 

Pure Michigan
Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Comments

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Looks good!  Did you cure the meat yourself?

No I did not, it was kind of a last minute idea. I bought a corned beef brisket from Costco 
    Pure Michigan
  • JacksDad
    JacksDad Posts: 538
    Options
    No I did not, it was kind of a last minute idea. I bought a corned beef brisket from Costco 
    Excellent! I just bought one from Costco today, too... Along with about twenty lbs of pork belly. Can't wait to make pastrami this week! 

Large BGE -- New Jersey

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Did you soak it in water before smoking it?  I usually cure briskets myself but I just bought two corned beef points and ai will give it a try.  I don't want it to be too salty.

I did not soak prior to smoking it. I rinsed it in cold water and dried it off. I actually have another one going today. My dad is in town and asked if I would do another one. It's been on the medium for almost 1-1/2 hours so far. I am firing up the large now to get it ready for the 3 slabs of ribs I'm doing. 

Pure Michigan