Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sous vide Tri tip

Options
Got a 2.3 pound Tri-tip today for $7! On sale for $3.99 a lb. and a $2 off sticker because it's sell-by date is Monday. Cut it in half and dropped one in the sous vide with DP Raising the Steaks and butter for about 4 hours at 132, finished on the Mini with some roasted mushrooms. Yum! 

Comments

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    Very impressive. Tri Tip doesn't seem to be common fare in central Alabama.
    I see a lot of people on the forums cook it. I think I will give one a try if I can find one in the store soon.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Looks awesome! I'm a newbie to sv - did an eye of the round roast for 27hrs and seared tonight, it was spectacular!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • etherdome
    Options
    GregW said:
    Very impressive. Tri Tip doesn't seem to be common fare in central Alabama.
    I see a lot of people on the forums cook it. I think I will give one a try if I can find one in the store soon.
    I live in SC. Have NEVER seen one in the store. Always have to ask them to cut one. if they have sirloin , they can cut you a tri tip. 
    Upstate SC
    Large BGE,  Blackstone, Weber genesis , Weber charcoal classic
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Nice work!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    Da-yum.... emphasis on the yum part!
    I gotta get me one of those sometime...
    Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Dayum that looks good!! and you beat Costco price...way to go!  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    always a good easy cook. I can find them everyday in Atlanta area grocery stores 
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    Looks awesome! I'm a newbie to sv - did an eye of the round roast for 27hrs and seared tonight, it was spectacular!
    IMO, the tri-tip will provide good taste and texture and you only have to bubble it for 3 or 4 hours. 

OP - nice finish. Not sure if you've tried this but a CI sear before the bubble bath, followed by short CI sear after the bath will intensify the crust and flavour. I know it means giving the egg the day off - unless you have some sides on it....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!