Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- sous vide cheesecake

Options
Tried out some sous vide cheesecake jars. They turned out to be the best dessert i have ever made. I made graham cracker crust and broke it up to put in after the cheesecake set. Will definitely do this again. Just use any cheesecake recipe and put in 80C water for 2 hours. I put in one when the water was at temp and the bottom of the jar broke off, restarted and let the jars warm up with the water and no issues

Comments

• RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    Good looking dessert!  How did it taste?
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    I'm thinking.... Oreo :)

Options
    Where did you get the 80C temp from?

Options
    RedSkip said:
    Good looking dessert!  How did it taste?

it was extremely good, and easy to do. No fuss really, took the water longer to get to temp then the time to mix everything together and get it in jars.
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,172
    Options
    paqman said:

From the Anova site, and a few other resources. The time range was 1.5-2 hours on most sites. I had the jars filled pretty good, so I went with the 2 hours
  • Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Where did you find cheese cake jars? Did they come with lids so you can store the extras for enjoying them days later? 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    paqman said:
    Pretty standard temp for this kind of dessert.  It's the same one I use for the pots de creme I do.

By the way the cracking of the jars is due to thermal shock.  That's why it's better to put them in way before the temp hits 80C, and then just keep them in there for the time you need once the whole bath gets up to temp. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    RRP said:
    Where did you find cheese cake jars? Did they come with lids so you can store the extras for enjoying them days later? 
    You may be joking, but those are just 4oz mason jars Ron.  You can find them just about anywhere.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    RRP said:
    You may be joking, but those are just 4oz mason jars Ron.  You can find them just about anywhere.  
    I wasn't. Thanks though, but I wonder why a Mason jar broke like his did. They stand up to more heat stress swings than 80º while canning!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.