Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ with Franklin web series

nolaegghead
nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
My brother sent me this link. Sorry if it's been posted already.   Looks like something to follow.

http://www.indiegogo.com/BBQwithFranklin?c=home

Comments

• nolaegghead
    Don't forget to donate!

Here's the background (courtesy the link above)...

The Spark It all started with an offhand comment from Aaron and Stacy Franklin to KLRU. They were lamenting the need for clear instructional barbecue videos. What they didn’t know was KLRU was looking for original material for a new web series. So like a match to kindling, an idea was sparked.

Beginning in October, KLRU is excited to partner with Aaron Franklin of Austin’s Franklin Barbecue to bring an educational barbecue series to YouTube.

For more than 50 years KLRU-TV, Austin PBS, has brought you the best in educational and entertaining programing. Now we’re following our stomachs and helping Franklin share his vast knowledge of barbecue.

What We Need & What You Get
    We’re looking for community support to fund this project. KLRU is a non-profit public media organization and relies on community support for funding. We’re keeping overhead on this production to a bare minimum but we still need your help. Money raised during this campaign will go directly to the production of this show to pay for the production crew and post-production of the series. If we don’t reach the full goal we’ll use what has been donated to cover production costs.

There are a ton of great perks as incentives to help our campaign, we’re especially excited about the “Meat & Greet” which is happening Wednesday, November 7th.

Learn from the master
    If you’ve ever looked for clean, clear instruction on Texas barbecue you know how hard it is to find caliber video. We want this series to be the definitive place on how to BBQ in your own backyard. Aaron explains every step in nerdy detail. He wants to share his knowledge and expertise with you.

Other Ways You Can Help
    Help spread the word about our project via facebook, twitter and good ol’ word of mouth. Watch and subscribe to our series on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/user/BBQwithFranklin. And of course, go out and make your own bbq!

I would've thought ya'll Texans would be drooling over this...
    Maybe because there has been 2 big threads about it in a week.

Search is your friend.
  • nolaegghead
    Duh, I didn't even look. I found one.  Let's consider this a continuing promotion then.
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Wow. 186 posts telling 22k + how to use the forum. Guess we all can learn something...
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike