Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT. New cooker

Options
ryantt
ryantt Posts: 2,532
well as I had posted a short time ago my wife decided to get me a new cooker.   This time she got me a smaller cooker, a lg.   Well it arrived today from fire craft and here are my initial thoughts....

1st the packaging on the kj was top notch.  Very heavy cardboard and well protected.  

2nd the way it comes is very flexible, many setup options right out of the gate.   One thing I will say as that it is not much different than a woo as it only gets us to the gasket level.  

3rd the ceramics on the exterior seem to be of equal quality with the egg, but the fire box and ring seem to be a little lighter weight.  This could just be my wrong thinking as I have an xl.  

Overall i I like the looks and it was easy to put together.  I look forward to firing it up this Saturday for a butt. 
XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

Comments