Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who's up right now getting their egg fired up? What's cooking?

Options
2»

Comments

• HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options

Done in just under 12 hours. FTC now until guests arrive. 
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    horoegg said:
    Damn, looking good! I'm stalled at 163 IT on my butt for the last hour plus. It's been on since 4:30am. Is it common for the egg temp (at the grate) to be dragged down in the stall? I was running at around 250 for 5 hours and when it hit the stall, the temp slowly dropped down to 225. I've since adjusted back up to 246 and its been sitting there for a bit now. Using a Maverick ET-733 for the first time today so I think these fluctuations have gone mostly un noticed in the past just using the dome temp. 
    This same thing with the dome temp drop when hitting the stall has happened on all of my overnight cooks at around 250. Don't know if it was coincidence, but did not happen on the way I ran at 275-280. You've already made the adjustment so I'm sure it will be just fine. My guess, pure speculation, is it's just the way the lump crumbles as some of the ash falls through the cracks and the air flow changes slightly.
    Stillwater, MN
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    @horoegg -  patience ;) .  Just go til it probes clean and the bone moves with ease.  Mine earlier today finished at around 204*F, FYI.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • horoegg
    Options
    The finished product...Amazing!

• Ryezza
    Ryezza Posts: 22
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @horoegg thanks! Didn't quite get the bark I wanted (nitpicking), but otherwise was delicious. Really pleased with how it turned out, will definitely use that recipe again. Hope your cook turned out well, it looks amazing!