Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

In 10 days I will be cooking my first Egged food in 8 months!

Options
TRex
TRex Posts: 2,714
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ribcollage2.jpg
<p />That's right, old friends. And I can't wait.[p]I'm flying to Augusta to help my dad cook 20 racks of ribs on his Large for an office party. I even put in a special order of DP rubs for the event.[p]The last time I cooked ribs I took the pictures above - I hope I can remember what the heck I'm doing!![p]Counting the days . . . [p]TRex

Comments

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    TRex,
    Great days ahead!

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    TRex,
    Hey man! I sure missed ya at the TX Eggfest. Hopefully I can get back to Austin next spring and you better be there.
    ST

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    TRex,[p]You won't have any problem - its like riding a bicycle. In your case you just throw the ribs on at 700 degrees for 2 minutes, remove and cover in foil while the Egg cools, and then put them on for another 5 or 6 minutes. Isn't that the way TRex cooks everything? ;~)
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    TRex,
    We're looking forward to having you back in the land of Egg.[p]Mike

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Great to see you again! Your posts, cooks and photos have been missed.... not the same here without you. :~)[p]john
  • TRex
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind comments. There is a chance that sometime in the not-so-distant future I will be back to Egging on a regular basis. Looks like I will be out of Louisiana in about a month, and will then find myself in either the Atlanta or Greenville area at least through the end of the year. After that I'm not too sure but I'm doing everything I can to stay on the east coast.[p]I miss the comradere that this forum provides - I hope everyone is doing really well. Maybe I'll see some of you at an Eggfest in the near future . . . [p]TRex
  • GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    TRex,[p]Cheese & Crackers! TRex LIVES!!!![p]Good to hear from ya. You were missed at the Texas Eggfest! You'll need to catch up with everyone and head on out to Hotlanta for Eggtoberfest. The Texas Contingent will be there, just look for the big Texas Flag.[p]If you can't make that, there's always the MiniMeister Fest on Lake Travis. No date yet, but we want to wait till things cool off.[p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    TRex,
    i hate to be so obviously stoopid.[p]but I don't know where you've been, or what's kept you out of commission. can you elaborate?[p]....there is a HUGE number of newbs, and significantly more lurkers (apparently) than ever before. they also might like to know what you are up to too. [p]...the TRex method and you (by association) are legendary on this forum.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    The "MiniMeister Fest?"

• TRex
    Options
    GrillMeister,[p]Eggtoberfest is a 50/50 chance right now. If I'm in Atlanta at the time I will for sure attend.[p]Hope all is well down your way and thanks for "shout out."[p]TRex
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    TRex,
    Let me know if you need to use some of my eggs when you help your Dad cook.
    Larry

• TRex
    Options
    stike,[p]I've been in Louisiana working the Hurricane Katrina relief effort since September of last year. My company is one of the 4 contractors FEMA hired to place temporary housing. I took the assignment as a "break" from my more typical engineering duties, and it has turned out to be quite the exhausting and rewarding experience. I've been living out of numerous hotels, and the demanding schedule has really limited my time off over the last year, thus my lack of opportunities to enjoy the benefits of the Egg.[p]My assignment ends 15-Sept, after which date I hope to return to a more normal schedule, which will hopefully allow some afternoon cookouts on the Green Guys.[p]TRex
  • TRex
    Options
    Thanks, John, those are some really kind words. Hopefully I can return in limited, if not full force before long.[p]Jason
  • TRex
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,[p]I'll be looking our for the date - would be great to see everyone on Lake Travis again.[p]TRex
  • TRex
    Options
    Haggis,[p]That's funny. Not sure what my dad would think if I suggested this method on the 20 racks of ribs he's about the purchase, but the expression on his face would be worth seeing. ;-)[p]TRex
  • TRex
    Options
  • TRex
    Options
    Thanks, Larry. As always your kindness is very appreciated. I'll let you know if we need to call in the Ward Calvary! LOL![p]Jason

• Ironbaugh
    Options
    TRex,
    Since T-Rexing steaks for several years, friends and family think I'm a master chef. Welcome back

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    TRex,[p]Sounds like you've been working your arse off... I'm looking forward to things slowing down for you and seeing your food photos again. Be we, pal.[p]john
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    TRex,
    hat's off, man.[p]sounds like a sacrifice that came with greater reward.[p]you're a better man than I am, Gunga Din....

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    TRex,[p]Well, if you can't make to Atlanta, you sure can make it to Austin in the Fall (cooler weather) for the MiniMeister Fest on Lake Travis. Chubby will email you details as soon as they become concrete.[p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas