Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wing Recipes

Options
Looking for a couple of good cant miss wing recipes for friends tomorrow.  Hit me with your best shot.  Id like to cook 2-3 different flavors at least one being a teriyaki flavor.  Thanks!

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options
    The above is 400/425 raised & direct.....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• chasgh
    chasgh Posts: 64
    Options
    you season prior to grilling or cook and then paint?
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    1) if you haven't already gotten your wings, you need to go now. I went last night and they were almost bought out. 

2) Get whole wings (drummy and paddle connected). Snip the third joint off and throw in trash. 

3) leave uncovered tonight in fridge to let them dry out and crisp up. 

4) I like them dry rub, Thai, buffalo, or siracha lime. my favorite is dry with bleu cheese crumbles sprinkled on top with a Tabasco/Franks/butter sauce on the side. 

Let me dig up my dry rub. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Mickey
    Options
    Done it both ways. If time fine, if not also fine. I have also done overnight as well. Hell, it is all fine...
    I just use s&p and very little evol when using the Island Teriyaki. 

• HendersonTRKing
    Options
    I'm doing 8 lbs of wings for a Super Bowl party. 

Separated the flats from the drummies Thurs night and they sat overnight on racks in the fridge. Last night I rolled them in my 3:1 rub:cornstarch mix and they're doing another fridge sit til tmw. On Sunday, before they go on the egg (2 levels, indirect at 375-400 to prevent burning), I'll run them through a bag of lightly seasoned pork rind powder (gonna work the chicharones thru the vitamix later today).  And before serving, they'll get tossed in a bowl of Franks-butter-worcestershire for the Buffalo ala Henderson kick. 
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hit the search feature here and enter chicken wings-you will have many to peruse.  
    And below are two that I have been favoring of late:  (all cooked very raised direct (about 4" above the gasket line) at about 350-400*F)

Sriracha wing sauce  (~2 lbs of wings)

•     For the Sauce:

•     5 tablespoons unsalted butter

•     1/3 cup honey, plus more for drizzling

•     1/3 cup Sriracha (Asian chile sauce)

•     1 tablespoon soy sauce

•     2 teaspoons fresh lime juice

Sweet hot mustard wings

2 lbs chicken wings (separated and tips removed)

salt

2 tablespoons Dijon mustard

2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard

3 tablespoons honey

2 teaspoons cider vinegar

salt and pepper

2teaspoons hot pepper sauce

Adjust the ratios as you want-I don't think I've ever completely followed the suggested mix.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Cannot overstate how good these bad boys are.....

http://www.theendlessmeal.com/sweet-and-sticky-honey-garlic-chicken-wings/

I cook them on the Egg indirect after using oil, salt, pep and corn starch (which gives them a deep fried texture).

I get nothing but compliments when I make them and have never once had leftovers.
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Options
    This one is pretty good... I omitted the sesame because of an allergy and they still rocked

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1015017-korean-style-chicken-wings