Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

abt's with heat!!

Options
smokn gramma g
smokn gramma g Posts: 144
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Holy, wow! Our mouths are still burning! Cooked for supper tonight... finger food. started with abt's, used jalepeno and habenaros! Filled with small chunks of tenderloin that I had left over from the whole tenderloin that I cut into steaks, and cream cheese, chives, and some dizzy dust! They Were awesome. Did my usual grilled tomatoes (love grilled tomatoes), wings, just put in my marinating machine (btw, recommend it)with my jerk sauce, cooked them bad boys, and then had some margarita shrimp, guests brought the salads! Was Great. Had 6 people over for dinner and just cooked on my large egg. Was perfect. By the time we were done 1 appetizer, the next was ready!
Now every one is gone, kitchen is clean, and grooving with the new Tom Petty CD. Really GOOD!!!!!!!!!!![p]Life is good!

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    smokn gramma g,
    You got some serious huevos if you are using habenaros. -RP

• smokn gramma g
    Options
    AZRP,
    had the hiccups for an hour after supper! If you like the heat... go for it!!
    Gayle

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Sounds great gramma
    Hard to believe yall could down those stuffed habaneros. My buddy Hatch sometimes cuts up one habanero real fine and mixes it with the cream cheese for 20 or more ABTss. Man, them things are plenty hot just like that. Gnawing on a stuffed habanero and I'd need to be strapped to a fire hydrant.Yowza![p]New Tom Petty?? What's it called? The Wildflowers CD (a few years old) is my favorite of his so far. He seems to get better and better.[p]Thanks for using DP on your ABTs! Looks like you have been cooking up a storm!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • smokn gramma g
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Seeded and de-veined them bad boys, not so bad, but still pretty hot! I can eat 2 of them, with a side of whipped cream! We have an extreme night once a month! It is great, have a wicked meal (hot!!), followed by a jump in the lake if it is really hot out, then soak in the hot tub, then a really good movie, gotta be high action or wicked scarry! Of course with a good bottle of wine![p]Tom Petty's new cd is ...Highway Companion! Awesome! He does get better and better!! I agree!

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    smokn gramma g,
    a little trick that works is to eat the jalapenos first, then the habs. by then, your lips/tongue are toast.[p]you'll pay for it in the morning though (wink wink)

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Q-rious Tom
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]I've made my last two batches in the 'normal' fashion, except that I've been mixing in two tablespoons of your Jamaican Firewalk with the cream cheese. Now them's good eats![p]Tom