Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Martin's BBQ Joint

Options
We have a new restaurant in Louisville (it opened in November).

Anyone ate at any of their places?

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

Comments

• Hairless_Hand
    Options
    Started by Pat Martin in Nolensville, TN right down the road from my office. Good BBQ. I like the pulled chicken sandwich with the white sauce. Another favorite of mine from there is the brisket burger.  Enjoy. 
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Yeah it's pretty good stuff. There is one in Nolensville and one closer to downtown Nashville. I love their wings. Ribs are pretty solid too. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Raymont
    Raymont Posts: 710
    Options
    Yep, it's good. 

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    I need to go try it out soon. Maybe this weekend ????  I know I love me some Q !!

• beatarmy
    beatarmy Posts: 194
    Options
    wings are great, brisket tacos are good too.  IMO little overpriced, but the whole hog cooks on the weekend is pretty fun to watch.  they cook it on pits inside the restaurant.
    Franklin, TN - (1) LBGE and a cooler full of beer
  • volminimax
    Options
    I've only ate at the one in Mt. Juliet, TN. It's ok, over priced.

-DRUE

Gallatin, TN

Minimax- August 2016

XL- November 2016

"And now we know.....and knowing is half the battle"- G.I. Joe

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Thought the same. I was in Nashville. Not first in class, but good to OK. Definitely overpriced. I have not been back. I think we can do as good, maybe better in some cases.
    Opinion, YMMV.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • volminimax
    volminimax Posts: 119
    edited January 2017
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Thought the same. I was in Nashville. Not first in class, but good to OK. Definitely overpriced. I have not been back. I think we can do as good, maybe better in some cases.
    Opinion, YMMV.
    We will eat there after church on Sunday's sometimes. I can't complain about it, but I have definitely had better bbq. It's on point with a Whitt's, Stroud's etc. here locally. However they are far cheaper than Martin's. I only eat there for convenience, it isn't that I can't make it as good at home.

-DRUE

Gallatin, TN

Minimax- August 2016

XL- November 2016

"And now we know.....and knowing is half the battle"- G.I. Joe

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Opinion, YMMV.
    We will eat there after church on Sunday's sometimes. I can't complain about it, but I have definitely had better bbq. It's on point with a Whitt's, Stroud's etc. here locally. However they are far cheaper than Martin's. I only eat there for convenience, it isn't that I can't make it as good at home.
    Allow me clarify, I haven't been back because I have not been close by to do it. I did not wish it to appear as a total disregard. 
    I do agree.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • EggNashville
    Options
    The Nolensville location is down the street and is pretty good. The downtown location is more focused on atmosphere I feel like, but still pretty good...

hope the Louisville location treats you well!
  • wbradking
    wbradking Posts: 351
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I respect the guy for blogging about getting his first location in Nolensville up and running.  http://martinsbbq.blogspot.com. The restaurant biz must be hard.
    Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

It is veeerrrry difficult to beat our home-egged meat.....I don't care what restaurant you go to !!!!

I usually only go through convenience, or SWMBO orders !!!!

Thanks again,

DD