Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

International Holocaust Remembrance Day

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    All this sh!t could have been avoided if you dems would have just gotten a better candidate. 

You kind of did it to yourself. Stop blaming us!
    So Trump is the fault of... Democrats.  That's a new one.  Folks who voted for him, their hands were tied I guess?  Aye karumba!
    John in your infinite wisdom fail to realize that a lot of people picked their poison and voted for the lesser of two evils. Obama said you have to vote for Hillary if you want to preserve my legacy. 

That pretty much told everyone that she was going to be Obama part III. Sequels usually suck but part three always stinks. 

So yes your failed candidate is one of the reasons he got elected. You may not like it, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. 
    Sorry John, you just seemed to be suggesting that most of the fault for Trump rested with Democrats. For what it's worth, I am not one.  

It seems to me there's plenty of blame to spread around, but folks who voted for this clown show do deserve a lot of it.  Everything we're seeing now was telegraphed months ago.
    A lot of the fault does rest with the dems. If people were so happy with the democrats and Obama. Why did he get elected? How do you not see this John? 

So your contention is that the Democrats deserve more blame for Trump than the GOP or the people who voted for him?

I guess at least you can admit that the guy is terrible, so maybe we're making progress.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    You're right @JohnInCarolina. It has been telegraphed. It's called campaign promises and they are being fulfilled. Of course the people who didn't vote for him are pissed. Their only hope was that he was going not do what he said. That's not happening so the butt hurt is strong. The ones that did vote for him are happy that he's keeping his promises. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    All this sh!t could have been avoided if you dems would have just gotten a better candidate. 

So Trump is the fault of... Democrats.  That's a new one.  Folks who voted for him, their hands were tied I guess?  Aye karumba!
    John in your infinite wisdom fail to realize that a lot of people picked their poison and voted for the lesser of two evils. Obama said you have to vote for Hillary if you want to preserve my legacy. 

That pretty much told everyone that she was going to be Obama part III. Sequels usually suck but part three always stinks. 

So yes your failed candidate is one of the reasons he got elected. You may not like it, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. 
    Sorry John, you just seemed to be suggesting that most of the fault for Trump rested with Democrats. For what it's worth, I am not one.  

It seems to me there's plenty of blame to spread around, but folks who voted for this clown show do deserve a lot of it.  Everything we're seeing now was telegraphed months ago.
    A lot of the fault does rest with the dems. If people were so happy with the democrats and Obama. Why did he get elected? How do you not see this John? 

The dems that voted for trump, sure, they're part of the group that voted for Trump.  If there's any blame to go around, it's on the voters, regardless of party, that voted for Trump.  Period.
    You're right @JohnInCarolina. It has been telegraphed. It's called campaign promises and they are being fulfilled. Of course the people who didn't vote for him are pissed. Their only hope was that he was going not do what he said. That's not happening so the butt hurt is strong. The ones that did vote for him are happy that he's keeping his promises. 
    So you're happy with a Muslim ban?
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options

So your contention is that the Democrats deserve more blame for Trump than the GOP or the people who voted for him?

I guess at least you can admit that the guy is terrible, so maybe we're making progress.
    Beats the alternative. Am I right @lousubcap
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    "I remember when this forum was a much friendlier place."
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Mr. Buffalo.... please do away with this post so that we can get back to what matters..... meat and smoking it.  Good gosh y'all.  This sh-t is getting old.  How much longer shall we look for a way to divide the brethren????  How much longer should we compare the size of our anatomy??  I thought that crap was left behind in high school... ok ok for some of us college:  But come on... just think about it.  The way some carry on will completely destroy any credibility they may have about their cooks... Should that happen their will be no need for a forum...  Soooo. Let's all join hands and say..... I love you more than bacon!!
    Is somebody FORCING you to read these threads? If so, a call to 911 might be more helpful.
    beyond classy......oh wait nope.  Im a conservative.  But thats my choice.  I will not force my view or opinion on you or anyone else.  Never will I belittle someone else who has an opinion that differs from mine.  Nor will I encourage those who do who to use a platform that is meant to bring people together for a common cause to divide them.  Do yourself a favor... go to the mens room and look down..... now go be angry at your parents.  My contributions to this forum have never been meant to be divisive in anyway.  who am i to judge someone's character??  The answer is nobody...  there is only one who has that right.  Do yoy know him?
    Didn't intend to belittle you. It's just such an easy thing to do to avoid threads like these if some find them boring/hateful/silly/useless/etc. - simply don't read them. 

Again, nobody is forcing (I hope not anyway) anyone to read or participate in this silliness. 
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I bet you do.  
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options

WHY did they vote for him? Why? He won because of Obama and Hillary. Hillary was a continuation of Obama. No thank you.  

Apparently people wanted a new direction. Do you think some Dems voted for him? I know they did. The democrat party has gone so far left that a lot of people voted for him that normally would not have. Truth! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I bet you do.  
    How is that possible unless he was a lurker?
    Options
    Sounds like it's not a Muslim ban. It sounds like it's a ban on people from specific countries that are known to harbor terrorists. I'm cool with that. 

I have lots of liberal friends in Germany that will openly admit that Merkels refugee program is a freaking disaster. 

Are you happy with deporting dry foot Cubans back home John? 
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    I'm outtta here!

Sounds like it's not a Muslim ban. It sounds like it's a ban on people from specific countries that are known to harbor terrorists. I'm cool with that. 
    LOL.  Yeah, that's what it is.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options

The GOP hated him, but they are too blame as well. In the midterms the Republicans were sent to Washington to fight Obama. They bent over and bowed down to him. They didn't fight at all. 

So I agree with you that the GOP is also responsible for Trump because the establishment candidates proved, at least to the republican voters, that they didn't have the stomach to fight. 

Trump got elected because he ISN"T a politician, but the fact is that it was all a big ANTI-OBAMA (Hillary) vote. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    I bet you do.  
    Joined Aug 2016 and reminiscing about the good ol' days. Lol

I've always wondered if this troll account was a liberal in disguise. 
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited January 2017
    Options

. . .In the midterms the Republicans were sent to Washington to fight Obama. They bent over and bowed down to him. They didn't fight at all. 
    . . .

Wha?

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options

The GOP hated him, but they are too blame as well. In the midterms the Republicans were sent to Washington to fight Obama. They bent over and bowed down to him. They didn't fight at all. 
    . . .

Wha?

Didn't you see how Mitch vowed to support Obama's agenda?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    I bet you do.  

Do any of you know who I am quoting with "

• pgprescott
    Options
    I bet you do.  

Is it baby @nolaegghead? @JohnInCarolina?
  • nolaegghead
    Options

I have lots of liberal friends in Germany that will openly admit that Merkels refugee program is a freaking disaster. 

Regarding your comments on a Muslim ban (from The Hill):

The order also says that the administration should "prioritize refugee claims made by individuals on the basis of religious-based persecution, provided that the religion of the individual is a minority religion in the individual's country of nationality."

As a presidential candidate, Trump called for a ban on all Muslims entering the U.S., arguing that terrorists were entering the country by posing as refugees. He also called for the creation of a Muslim registry.

Germany - conservative Germans are liberal by your standards.  A few of your friends opinions are just that.  This is one of the largest groups of diaspora in recorded history.

Cuban immigration - Why should we have different rules for the Cubans?  We should have common sense immigration policies that apply to ALL.
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I bet you do.  

Nope. It was LS or Stike or Zippy I think.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    IMO- the Democratic Party lost their base and message- they have shifted to a holier than thou, elitist focus where they know what is better for the country.  The right has people with a similar tendancy but the left was supposed to be the common man party and they forgot that. 

And so now we have what we have...
    Greensboro, NC
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    DMW you are getting closer.
  • pgprescott
    Options

Regarding your comments on a Muslim ban (from The Hill):

The order also says that the administration should "prioritize refugee claims made by individuals on the basis of religious-based persecution, provided that the religion of the individual is a minority religion in the individual's country of nationality."

As a presidential candidate, Trump called for a ban on all Muslims entering the U.S., arguing that terrorists were entering the country by posing as refugees. He also called for the creation of a Muslim registry.

Germany - conservative Germans are liberal by your standards.  A few of your friends opinions are just that.  This is one of the largest groups of diaspora in recorded history.

Cuban immigration - Why should we have different rules for the Cubans?  We should have common sense immigration policies that apply to ALL.
    Stupid. 
  • DMW
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    IMO- the Democratic Party lost their base and message- they have shifted to a holier than thou, elitist focus where they know what is better for the country.  The right has people with a similar tendancy but the left was supposed to be the common man party and they forgot that. 

Yes, it's great that we finally have a common man in charge...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    DMW said:
    I bet you do.  

A Beatles fan no doubt...
  • DMW
    Options
    DMW you are getting closer.
    I think actually it was Village Idiot now that I think about it.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    DMW said:
    I bet you do.  

That was @Village Idiot

HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:
    Mr. Buffalo.... please do away with this post so that we can get back to what matters..... meat and smoking it.  Good gosh y'all.  This sh-t is getting old.  How much longer shall we look for a way to divide the brethren????  How much longer should we compare the size of our anatomy??  I thought that crap was left behind in high school... ok ok for some of us college:  But come on... just think about it.  The way some carry on will completely destroy any credibility they may have about their cooks... Should that happen their will be no need for a forum...  Soooo. Let's all join hands and say..... I love you more than bacon!!
    Is somebody FORCING you to read these threads? If so, a call to 911 might be more helpful.
    beyond classy......oh wait nope.  Im a conservative.  But thats my choice.  I will not force my view or opinion on you or anyone else.  Never will I belittle someone else who has an opinion that differs from mine.  Nor will I encourage those who do who to use a platform that is meant to bring people together for a common cause to divide them.  Do yourself a favor... go to the mens room and look down..... now go be angry at your parents.  My contributions to this forum have never been meant to be divisive in anyway.  who am i to judge someone's character??  The answer is nobody...  there is only one who has that right.  Do yoy know him?
    Didn't intend to belittle you. It's just such an easy thing to do to avoid threads like these if some find them boring/hateful/silly/useless/etc. - simply don't read them. 

Again, nobody is forcing (I hope not anyway) anyone to read or participate in this silliness. 
    You....will not "belittle me"....So let me ask you....what is your intent.?.?.?.?  boring? hateful? silly? useless?, or....etc????  Your hope was achieved... I was not forced...  but I did read..as i am part of this forum.  And I believe that the vast majority of the members here are good , honest and jovial people.  not devisive....  where do you fit in?? in your opinion.  Make no mistake...  I am not saying thay your not allowed to differ in your view or opinion... just in my opinion have no right to belittle mine.
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Wolfpack said:

They definitely lost touch with much of their base.  There's a lot of diversity in beliefs and it's hard for a party to cater to that.  I think they need to reset, although I think also that the buyer's remorse will be huge.