Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

International Holocaust Remembrance Day

Comments

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

• http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/28/14427086/federal-court-halts-trumps-immigration-ban

Thank God there is still one sane branch of government.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700

For now.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    edited January 2017
    It is going to be a long 4 years for you guys. 
    We're up to five GOP members of Congress who oppose this executive order publicly right now.

Perhaps there are some issues that go beyond partisanship.  I guess the trick is to be able to recognize them when they show up.
    I see a federal judge has issued a nationwide stay on the immigration ban so now the court battle begins. Protests at many airports nationwide.

I see that Trumplethinskin has removed the DNI and CJCS from the NSC and added Bannon, Preibus, and Conway to the NSC. Which seems bizarre to me.

Been an interesting 24 hours. Plenty more to come I'm sure.

EDIT: It appears the stay is just for current airport detainees and those already in transit and does not block further enforcement.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Mr. Buffalo.... please do away with this post so that we can get back to what matters..... meat and smoking it.  Good gosh y'all.  This sh-t is getting old.  How much longer shall we look for a way to divide the brethren????  How much longer should we compare the size of our anatomy??  I thought that crap was left behind in high school... ok ok for some of us college:  But come on... just think about it.  The way some carry on will completely destroy any credibility they may have about their cooks... Should that happen their will be no need for a forum...  Soooo. Let's all join hands and say..... I love you more than bacon!!
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    I fear all these policies are painting a proverbial target on the United States and its citizens, corporations and interests internationally.  So far, I definitely "feel" less safe than when we had less adversarial policies with the religions, cultures and countries of the world.   Time will tell.
    You mean like paying a ransom ???? Genius! It's remarkable how profoundly stupid these "smart" people can be. 
    This is me not ignoring your diarrhea of the mouth responses.  From now on, I'm just going to ignore you.
    Loser
  • pgprescott
    HeavyG said:
    I fear all these policies are painting a proverbial target on the United States and its citizens, corporations and interests internationally.  So far, I definitely "feel" less safe than when we had less adversarial policies with the religions, cultures and countries of the world.   Time will tell.
    You mean like paying a ransom ???? Genius! It's remarkable how profoundly stupid these "smart" people can be. 
    What ransom?
    Are you that dense?
  • HeavyG
    Mr. Buffalo.... please do away with this post so that we can get back to what matters..... meat and smoking it.  Good gosh y'all.  This sh-t is getting old.  How much longer shall we look for a way to divide the brethren????  How much longer should we compare the size of our anatomy??  I thought that crap was left behind in high school... ok ok for some of us college:  But come on... just think about it.  The way some carry on will completely destroy any credibility they may have about their cooks... Should that happen their will be no need for a forum...  Soooo. Let's all join hands and say..... I love you more than bacon!!
    Is somebody FORCING you to read these threads? If so, a call to 911 might be more helpful.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Lol
  • No need for insults.

Attack the arguments, not the orators. 
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    No need for insults.

That should work both ways. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • No need for insults.

That should work both ways. 
    Exactly my aim, good man.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    No one has mentioned Obama ending wet foot dry foot... Isn't that turning refugees away? 
  • pgprescott
    This is me not ignoring your diarrhea of the mouth responses.  From now on, I'm just going to ignore you.
    Loser
    991 is the Nola whaaaambulsnce!!!!!
  • johnkitchens
    No one has mentioned Obama ending wet foot dry foot... Isn't that turning refugees away? 
    Knock it off Michael. You know it is anti forum to say anything negative about "Him". 

• All this sh!t could have been avoided if you dems would have just gotten a better candidate. 

You kind of did it to yourself. Stop blaming us!
    So Trump is the fault of... Democrats.  That's a new one.  Folks who voted for him, their hands were tied I guess?  Aye karumba!
  • HeavyG

"Wet foot, dry foot" did turn away refugees. They were only allowed to stay if they walked on the beach, otherwise those caught at sea were returned to Cuba.

As we normalize relations with Cuba there is little need for special immigration status afforded only to some Cubans. But I'm sure Trump will get around to screwing that up in short order.

• pgprescott
  • pgprescott
    HeavyG said:

"Wet foot, dry foot" did turn away refugees. They were only allowed to stay if they walked on the beach, otherwise those caught at sea were returned to Cuba.

As we normalize relations with Cuba there is little need for special immigration status afforded only to some Cubans. But I'm sure Trump will get around to screwing that up in short order.
    Loser
  • johnkitchens
    All this sh!t could have been avoided if you dems would have just gotten a better candidate. 

So Trump is the fault of... Democrats.  That's a new one.  Folks who voted for him, their hands were tied I guess?  Aye karumba!
    John in your infinite wisdom fail to realize that a lot of people picked their poison and voted for the lesser of two evils. Obama said you have to vote for Hillary if you want to preserve my legacy. 

That pretty much told everyone that she was going to be Obama part III. Sequels usually suck but part three always stinks. 

So yes your failed candidate is one of the reasons he got elected. You may not like it, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. 

• HeavyG said:
    Mr. Buffalo.... please do away with this post so that we can get back to what matters..... meat and smoking it.  Good gosh y'all.  This sh-t is getting old.  How much longer shall we look for a way to divide the brethren????  How much longer should we compare the size of our anatomy??  I thought that crap was left behind in high school... ok ok for some of us college:  But come on... just think about it.  The way some carry on will completely destroy any credibility they may have about their cooks... Should that happen their will be no need for a forum...  Soooo. Let's all join hands and say..... I love you more than bacon!!
    Is somebody FORCING you to read these threads? If so, a call to 911 might be more helpful.
    beyond classy......oh wait nope.  Im a conservative.  But thats my choice.  I will not force my view or opinion on you or anyone else.  Never will I belittle someone else who has an opinion that differs from mine.  Nor will I encourage those who do who to use a platform that is meant to bring people together for a common cause to divide them.  Do yourself a favor... go to the mens room and look down..... now go be angry at your parents.  My contributions to this forum have never been meant to be divisive in anyway.  who am i to judge someone's character??  The answer is nobody...  there is only one who has that right.  Do yoy know him?
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • All this sh!t could have been avoided if you dems would have just gotten a better candidate. 

John in your infinite wisdom fail to realize that a lot of people picked their poison and voted for the lesser of two evils. Obama said you have to vote for Hillary if you want to preserve my legacy. 

That pretty much told everyone that she was going to be Obama part III. Sequels usually suck but part three always stinks. 

So yes your failed candidate is one of the reasons he got elected. You may not like it, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. 
    Sorry John, you just seemed to be suggesting that most of the fault for Trump rested with Democrats. For what it's worth, I am not one.  

It seems to me there's plenty of blame to spread around, but folks who voted for this clown show do deserve a lot of it.  Everything we're seeing now was telegraphed months ago.
  • pgprescott
    All this sh!t could have been avoided if you dems would have just gotten a better candidate. 

Sorry John, you just seemed to be suggesting that most of the fault for Trump rested with Democrats. For what it's worth, I am not one.  

It seems to me there's plenty of blame to spread around, but folks who voted for this clown show do deserve a lot of it.  Everything we're seeing now was telegraphed months ago.
    They deserve awesomeness! A guy not beholden to politics. Yeees!!!!!
  • This EO is even denying entry to Yazidi genocide survivors, victims of ISIS. Hard to see how that's  anything other than cruel, illegal and unconscionable.  

Regardless of what "side" you're on here, does anyone really think this was well executed?
  • pgprescott
    This EO is even denying entry to Yazidi genocide survivors, victims of ISIS. Hard to see how that's  anything other than cruel, illegal and unconscionable.  

Regardless of what "side" you're on here, does anyone really think this was well executed?
    Gotta pick up the pieces from a colossal looser. 
  • johnkitchens

A lot of the fault does rest with the dems. If people were so happy with the democrats and Obama. Why did he get elected? How do you not see this John? 

• pgprescott

A lot of the fault does rest with the dems. If people were so happy with the democrats and Obama. Why did he get elected? How do you not see this John? 

He wishes to not see it. Like many other things.