Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

V-rack for ribs or pork tenderloins

edited 10:42AM in EggHead Forum
Thanks for the info on picnics and butts. Very helpful. I still need some info from someone on how to use the rack inverted for ribs and pork tenderloins or is it used like this?
Thanks again for helping this rookie. I have already had great success with steaks and pork tenderloins on the grill over the fire.[p]Ray Price

·

Comments

• SloMoSloMo Posts: 21
    Ray Price,
    Turn the V-rack over.
    You now have a Rib rack.
    Stand the ribs between the bars in a vertical position.
    Also works well to cook chicken havles.
    SloMo

·
  • SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    Ray Price,[p]The link below is to a picture of the inverted v-rack with 6 racks of baby back ribs resting on them. They went into the Egg as you see them.[p]The picture on TimMs website. The cook was by Cat of her ribs at Eggfest2000.[p]Spin[p]

[ul][li]Inverted vrack for ribs[/ul]
    ·
  • Big MurthBig Murth Posts: 350
    Spin,
    You guys are great to share your experience y expertise. Question on the V-Rack: Does BGE sell one for the Large, or can or do you all use any rack from a roasting pan, etc.?[p]Just ordered my Polder from Charbroil, and will be ready to try my first Pulled pork/butt soon. Man, this Egg thing sure makes it tough on my New Year resolutions.[p]Thanks again for sharing

Big Murth in Nuevo Mexico.
    ·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    View?u=1386188&a=10352365&p=37534220
    <p />Ray Price, Here the start of 4 slabs of babybacks. I cut mine in half and they fit very nice in the V-Rack. You can't see it but there is a layer of fire bricks under them. I cook about 5 hours at 250-275 indirect.[p]CWM
    ·
  • SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    Big Murth,[p]You can use just about any rack you want. BGE does sell the v-rack pictured (fits the large nicely). I like it because it is stronger than any others I can find around here.[p]You will enjoy cooking and eating the pulled pork.[p]Spin

·