Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Medium and Rockwood - A match made in heaven

Options
DoubleEgger
DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
edited January 2017 in EggHead Forum
Lit the medium tonight using the Mapp torch (about ten seconds). In 13 minutes, the medium is 450F with zero white smoke. Ready to cook. It's hard to beat that. It's a little firecracker when fueled correctly.  

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    Whatcha cookin on that little f'er?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    Whatcha cookin on that little f'er?
    Couple of chops seasoned with Cookies Flavor Enhancer. 

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    I'll take the one in front! 

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    That's a pretty picture!!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    Love the medium and love pork chops.  Great looking cook.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Yes I would!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    i'm with you on the Medium. It's the perfect sidekick to the XL and gets most of the daily use. those chops look great!
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    Options
    DoubleEgger, I love my M also.  It's all I need for my wife and I.  When I got an XL for larger family/friends cooks, I had someone want to buy the M.  Nope, love that little guy and don't intend to ever part with it.  

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I fired up the ol medium / Rockwood combo tonight myself. Cleaned the MM out for transport tomorrow, as I show some folk how to cook chile on a MM. I would have normally used it for this cook. Cooked a couple of NY Strips....nothing special.

A lot of chat to say....I agree with you on the medium. A great tool tool to have your disposal. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,303
    Options
    That's the combo that I've got at my house. Not to self, remember to see what the daily specials in the meat department are tomorrow. 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    That's the combo that I've got at my house. Not to self, remember to see what the daily specials in the meat department are tomorrow. 
    Cook what's cheap. I like your style.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,303
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Yes I don't see how some of these cooks I see on here are affordable. Those are reserved for company. Add to that my last name indicates that my ancestry is from the Scottish Low Lands.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Yes I don't see how some of these cooks I see on here are affordable. Those are reserved for company. Add to that my last name indicates that my ancestry is from the Scottish Low Lands.

We splash out sometimes, but usually buy what's on offer / nearly date expired and then work out what to do with it. Meat's expensive and our kids put a lot of food away every week!