Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Outdoor Kitchen & Covered Patio (w/ Pics)

Options
2»

Comments

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    WoOO00OOoo00oo  . .   Perfect !! 
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • jdkeithbge
    Options
    @nth78 All the stone and tile covered areas were wood framed, then covered in Durock, then either tiled or covered with the stacked stone.  The Durock will withstand heat and water.  Thanks again to all for the kind compliments.  

@WeberWho I agree.  We had some very cold weather right as this was getting finished up and we were out there bundled up grilling trying to watch anything on the tv.  We also have a new fun thing, "Hot Tub Movie Nights", which the kids have enjoyed.  I was telling them they have no idea how spoiled they are.  I would never have imagined such a concept when I was kid.
    XL BGE, CGS AR & spider, 36" SS Blackstone, SMOBOT - Flower Mound, TX
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Killed it! Awesome set up!
    LBGE
    AL
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    @jdkeithbge Nice work!! Did you have to do anything to change your existing roofline?  I hear that's where the price really starts to jump...   If not, how does the need roof tie into the existing gutters on the house??  (planning mine right now...)

Thanks!
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • Grader07
    Grader07 Posts: 264
    Options
    Bet you have alot of visiting neighbors...  awesome set up!
  • Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Options
    Great looking setup!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• bigalsworth
    Options
    Great setup, but Trogdor really sets it off.

http://https//youtu.be/TfrAf1a9Qhs

Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • jdkeithbge
    Options
    The prize goes to @bigalsworth for catching my Trogdor sign!  My bro-in-law made that for me a while back after I christened the egg with that name.  "Burninating all the peasants in their THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!!!" Classic.

@GoooDawgs Ah, the roof... This has been and continues to be an issue.  The guys I hired were not roofers.  This was a mistake.  So now a roofer is involved fixing some issues.  For my case, we didn't really have to modify the roofline and/or create new valleys, but getting a watertight connection at the brick / existing roof has been a challenge.  Make sure you get a qualified roofer involved, and that they use the correct type of rolled roofing.  If a contractor says they will go get a can of FlexSeal that is when the red flags go up...  There is still some gutter work to be done, and although we had initially not done a gutter across the front of the new roof (extending over the pool) we are now going to do that.  Too much grit washing off into the pool.  "Lessons learned..."
  • bigalsworth
    Options
    The prize goes to @bigalsworth for catching my Trogdor sign!  My bro-in-law made that for me a while back after I christened the egg with that name.  "Burninating all the peasants in their THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!!!" Classic.

The two brothers who created homestar runner came to my university bar and did a little skit and Q n A.  It was just a bunch of nerdy engineers asking if they would impregnate their moms so they could have a cool younger brother, so embarrassing being in that crowd.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Incredible.   Very, very nice.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    Suh-WEET!!!  Nice job!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    Options
    Very nice jdkeithbge .  I won't be able build anything that sharp.  But I may have to do the same as you with the height of my blackstone.  I would really like to be able to lower it and have a fold down cover to give a completely flat work surface when the Blackstone is not in use.  But this may prove more of an engineering feat than I want to tackle.  Much more simple to maybe build a small stainless box lid to hinge up and down as needed.  As mine will be housed in a simple wood frame covered in stainless, I do have quite a bit of flexibility.  
       The next to last photo that has the wide view of the entire project is really incredible.  That should provide tons of enjoyable days/evenings.  Enjoy it!!!!

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• jdkeithbge
    Options
    Thanks @FarmerTom.  That's what I was thinking, a stainless steel box lid that can either hinge or at least be easily removed and also double as a work surface.
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Really REALLY nice. 
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Thaaaaaaaat's awesome!

I also like the way you created a cut-out for your XL, rather than embedding it into the counter.  Seems overall safer (airflow) and easier to service and/or replace if you ever need to...

...and the Blackstone!  That's just decadent. 
    LBGE/Maryland
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Mind if I come over with my camera, take a few shots, post them, and say it is mine?
    Love the work! Very cool.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
     :o 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    Makes me want to move to a climate where I can have this!!!!
  • MRbge
    MRbge Posts: 40
    Options
    Thinking about doing this.  Did you do it yourself or hire a contractor if yes who did you use?  Is the griddle propane or natural gas?