Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RIP @Badinfluence

Options

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Never wanted to see this. Too soon my friend. Much too soon. I will pitch in. So sorry to read this.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    He was a good dude with a passion like no other with his array of BGE's. 

Was as he sick? 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,086
    Options
    Oh man.  Did not need this news today.  He was a good one for sure.

I have one of his MM.  Will cook something this weekend in remembrance of him. 
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    I had no idea. Godspeed my friend. I feel especially terrible knowing we were so close geographically to each other. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited January 2017
    Options
    If I didn't have to work the weekend, I'd roll smoke.  3 13s in a row sucks sometimes.

I'll most definitely throw down $, if a plan comes together.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Well this is sad news.  I was in communications with him on his XXL a while back when he was trying to sell off a few eggs.  I always enjoyed his gun posts and food posts.  I also enjoyed pics of his "egg family" and his love for the meat monster.  If I recall correctly, he always had great things to say about his wife and how much she loved him.  Seemed like they got along great and had fun together sharing in each other's hobbies.  Prayers for his family.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options

I enjoyed the pictures he shared of his Egg “lineup”.  But what really solidified it for me is when he posted the picture of the huge inflatable Egg mascot in his yard.  I still get a chuckle just thinking about it.  Dude went all in and then some with this hobby he enjoyed and didn’t give two $hits what anybody thought.  He did his own thing.  Like buying the XXL.  People on the forum would ask, “Why would you do that, you could buy 2 or 3 XL’s for that price.”  

“It was available and I wanted it for my collection!”

I too was hoping to hear of his success in the food truck business.  Ah well, RIP my friend, you’ve made an impact on many. 

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,185
    Options
    So does anyone have contact with his family so we can set up a gofundme/ rolling smoke tribute to Larry? 

Looking for some help...
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    Peace be with @badinfluence and his family...does anyone know if he had been ill or was this sudden
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options

I will join in the rolling smoke tribute this weekend. Cold as heck here and windy but I will do so.

This is so sad, such a young man. I too loved his posts.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    YEMTrey said:

I enjoyed the pictures he shared of his Egg “lineup”.  But what really solidified it for me is when he posted the picture of the huge inflatable Egg mascot in his yard.  I still get a chuckle just thinking about it.  Dude went all in and then some with this hobby he enjoyed and didn’t give two $hits what anybody thought.  He did his own thing.  Like buying the XXL.  People on the forum would ask, “Why would you do that, you could buy 2 or 3 XL’s for that price.”  

“It was available and I wanted it for my collection!”

I too was hoping to hear of his success in the food truck business.  Ah well, RIP my friend, you’ve made an impact on many. 

He brought the Eggman in last year and wanted to trade it off. I went ahead and traded him for a nice Weber Performer and some other stuff, He wanted to get something his wife would be able to cook on easier than the egg. She didn't like the heavy lid. Anyway, I didn't really need the Eggman, but I could tell he was preparing for his families future. I was more than happy to work with them. 
    You already know my love runs deep with the Prescott clan , but what a cool move Pete.  Kudos my brother.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Very sad news.....I saw this in another post yesterday. We never met but like others....helped me along as I started out.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • dopey
    dopey Posts: 201
    Options
    I'd be down with buying those t shirts to contribute to his sons college fund, or something to ease the burden of his family.  @pgprescott seemed to know him pretty well, maybe talk to his wife about selling those for a fund raiser?
    What I do when I'm black out drunk is none of my business...

John Central CT
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Such a nice guy and far too young!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I never met him but always enjoyed his posts. Much too young. RIP Larry

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,343
    Options
    Being somewhat new here, I didn't get the pleasure on interacting with @badinfluence, but it is evident by all of you here that he was one hell of a guy. We are a community here, a brethren, and we are all saddened by this news. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Sorry to hear this news. RIP Larry.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• gamason
    gamason Posts: 406
    Options
    RIP!!

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I sure hate to hear it. I thought he was cool as heck for simply owning every size BGE. 
    On a seperate note, what happened to brother Bad?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    SGH said:
    I sure hate to hear it. I thought he was cool as heck for simply owning every size BGE. 
    On a seperate note, what happened to brother Bad?
    I'm. It sure. He had underlying health issues and serious ones. It really doesn't matter, he was on a short leash and he knew it. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Please use this thread as a landing spot for the pics from your personal Rollin' Smoke Tribute to @badinfluence this weekend. Let's see some Q 
  • Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    Sounds like a great man passed on to the big eggfest in the sky. Just picked up
    a marinated tri tip that should be  a fitting cook for a tribute to a fellow egghead!
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Is either day ok? 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Is either day ok? 
    Anytime you want to pay tribute is fine. Today, tomorrow, next week... it doesn't matter. Roll some smoke for a fallen egghead when you get the opportunity. 
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Had a sales rep come in today who happens to be an Egghead, albeit not a forum user (shame), and, upon discovering that he was Egger, informed him that a fellow egger had passed and I was going to be part of a tribute to him.  Add one more Brother Egger in Stone Mountain, GA to the family to honor Larry!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,654
    Options
    Not much smoke rolling because I'm egging pizzas but here's to you brother @badinfluence . Keep 'em straight up there. 

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    Would be no e to honor him him with his specialties 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    I enjoyed his posts, and every egg made!!

too soon. 

Rolling smoke for him tonight shortly. Gonna share it with some friends and world class beers tomorrow. 
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    Options
    I also always enjoyed his posts and was amazed that anyone would have such a collection of eggs.  So sorry to read of his passing.  Seemed like a really great guy even though I never met him.  I do hope someone is able to make contact with his family and start some sort of fund for his child.  A very worthy cause for a fellow egger of great renown.

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies