Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Balsamic Vinegarette Thighs

Options
Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_2551.jpg
<p />with fried okra and cabbage. Ummmmm! This is with the skin side down right after turning. Cooked raised direct at 250. Thought I'd throw in a pic of Marina's first fish.[p]Good Monday to all.[p]Mike[p]IMG_2553.jpg[p]IMG_2515.jpg

Comments

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    blackened fish for diner?
    Give Marina a hug, she is a cutie.

• Lawn Ranger
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    I would have released this one but he was hooked too deeply. Sadly, since he was caught right before departing and there was no one to give him to...Marina performed a simple burial with last rights. She's real sensitive to those sorts of things...and I'm glad she is. She started 4th grade this morning.[p]Man! I'm still reeling from your latest suggestion...where do you get these ideas? :o)[p]Take care my friend.[p]Mike

• Uncle Collin
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    These are great pictures, but you had some great subjects. Pictures of food cooked on the egg are always great, but can't compare with a picture of a special little girl with her first fish. I know you are proud of her. Unless I am going blind in my old age that is a speckled trout and a nice one. I don't remember the first spec I caught but it was about 75 years ago in Trinity Bay on a cane pole. Speckled trout are still my favorite fish to catch or eat.
    Uncle Collin

• Lawn Ranger
    Options
    Uncle Collin,
    Thanks, my friend. Very proud of her. That was a stocker Rainbow from a pond high in the mountains of New Mexico. BTW, she's already learned the old "hold your fish out to the camera so it will look bigger" trick.[p]Mike

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    Learned or taught that trick? Always nice to see a pic of her.[p]Mike

• Lawn Ranger
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Thanks Man. How's the Little One?

• ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    Options
    Tylerandthenbigone_edited.jpg
    <p />Lawn Ranger,
    That's some good lookin grub and the "first fish" picture is outstanding! Here is my "step little one" with one of his. Not too significant, except getting him to stand in front of a camera is like pulling teeth! At 16 most of the pictures of him look like mug shots, so this one is special. You can almost see him smile. Him and his buddy used the worst smelling bait I have ever smelled to snag this one, ruined my ice chest by leaving the bait in there overnight, and were just about to store the bait in my outdoor fridge before I headed them off at the pass. We buried the bait, not the fish.[p]From one proud "pappa" to another, enjoy it my friend!![p]

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    ronbeaux, Musta been that Gawd awful blood cheese bait. Smells real bad until you get deeper into the Tequila and catch some big cats. After awhile you start smearing that funk all over yourself. LOL

• ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    Options
    sigmore,
    This stuff made that smell like roses. He Googled it, probably under "smelliest substance known to man", and then spent three days "getting it right." If I were a fish I would have learned to run. The grass is dead where we buried it. I messed up and told him how we used to make "chum" with chicken feed and let it furment in a bucket of water until we dared someone to open the lid.

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    She is doing great. I swear, I heard her say "I did" when I asked her a question the last time I saw her.[p]Mike