Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Paging all Clemson fans

Options
Paging all Clemson fans.  I am traveling to Clemson for bitness and am looking for some place good to eat any recommendations???
Go Gamecocks!!!
1 XL, 1 MM
Smoking in Aiken South Carolina

Comments

• Lowcountrygamecock
    Options
    Fellow gamecock fan here. I don't live anywhere near that hole but I have family in the area. My go to place when passing through town is Smokin Pig out on 76 near Pendleton. It's about ten minutes from Clemson.  Very good BBQ and it gets busy so go early. I think they are only open weekends and maybe Thursday and Friday. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    They are too busy celebrating their Nati to worry about good food. You ask about some good drink.....you prob get invited to join them. You will need to put your thick skin on though. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • clemsontyger97
    Options
    There's a Chipotle downtown.   ;)   Seriously though, it's changed so much since I was there regularly that I have no idea these days.   When I make my one game per year I never have a chance to explore the eateries.   But I have heard nothing but good things about the Smokin Pig.   
    --Because I'm like ice, buddy. When I don't like you, you've got problems.

KJ Classic
    28" Blackstone
    South Carolina native, adopted Texan, residing in Olive Branch, MS.  Go Tigers.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    The ice cream shop on campus is really good. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    Options
    Papas and Beer, off of Clemson Avenue in Anderson, is pretty good for mexican. It ain't San Antonio Tex Mex good, but it's good. As Lyle Lovett used to say, "Don't trust mexican food east of the Mississippi River".
    From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,055
    Options
    Solé Grill and Sushi Bar in Salem had some of the best sushi I've ever had. Prices aren't bad either. Sort of an eclectic place with a lot of variety on the menu. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    warwoman said:
    Papas and Beer, off of Clemson Avenue in Anderson, is pretty good for mexican. It ain't San Antonio Tex Mex good, but it's good. As Lyle Lovett used to say, "Don't trust mexican food east of the Mississippi River".
    Lyle apparently has never been to Dalton. 
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 688
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Solé Grill and Sushi Bar in Salem had some of the best sushi I've ever had. Prices aren't bad either. Sort of an eclectic place with a lot of variety on the menu. 

That's in Seneca. 

If you're looking for sushi Tokyo in Clemson is good too. There have been a lot of restaurants move into the area in the past few years. What kind of food are you looking for? 

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,055
    Options
    Elijah said:
    Dyal_SC said:

That's in Seneca. 

If you're looking for sushi Tokyo in Clemson is good too. There have been a lot of restaurants move into the area in the past few years. What kind of food are you looking for? 

Thx for catching that!  Yup, Seneca is what I meant. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    They make killa Bleu Cheese there at the dairy also.....If you like that sort of thing.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    warwoman said:
    Lyle apparently has never been to Dalton. 

Yes, but Dalton has more folks of the Mexicano persuasion than Mexico......

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 688
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    They make killa Bleu Cheese there at the dairy also.....If you like that sort of thing.
    That's the truth. That Bleu cheese leaves you hankering for more.