Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salado EggFest 2017

Options
Hotch
Hotch Posts: 3,564
edited January 2017 in EggHead Forum
I found out yesterday that the Salado EggFest for 2017 will be back at Pace Park this year on March 11.
This is also posted on the Salado Eggfest Facebook page.

"Getting ready for the 2017 EggFest in Salado Texas! It will be moving back to Pace Park this year.
Call Keith Ace Hardware @ 254-947-4008 or 254-947-4009 for more info."

If interested in cooking or attending give them a call!!
Shelly and I will see you there!!  =)

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
BGE Chiminea
Prosper, TX

Comments

• EggObsessed
    Options
    Yea!!  Got signed up.  See you there!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • tonyinnonthecreek
    Options
    I noticed someone said there were no rooms available at Inn on the Creek.  We do still have availability at Inn on the Creek.  Please call us if you would like to book a room.  254 947 5554
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    We will be there as well
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    I really wanted to make it this year but I can not make the 11th. I hope you all have a blast.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    FYI the Inn on the Creek website shows that no rooms are available, because rooms have been blocked off for the eggheads. As Tony mentioned above, call the Inn to book rooms. There were a few available when I called earlier today.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Hotch
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm thinking of just Egging cookies this year. Like Margarita cookies, Maple Bacon Bourbon Chocolate Chip, Tequila Sunrise cookies or Kraken Rum Coconut. 
    Just a thought.......
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Hotch, I like the way you think!
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Kraken rum coconut! I thought the margarita cookies were good.but that sounds even better. You know I love my dark rums. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • caliking
    Options
    Hotch said:
    I'm thinking of just Egging cookies this year. Like Margarita cookies, Maple Bacon Bourbon Chocolate Chip, Tequila Sunrise cookies or Kraken Rum Coconut. 
    Just a thought.......
    I know who I'm cooking next to  this year

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    caliking said:
    Hotch said:
    Just a thought.......
    Traitor

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Hotch
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @caliking If we go with the cookies, I may need a note from a Pediatrician for the kidos!!!
    Remember that Lady from last year!!!! lmao...
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • caliking
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    caliking said:
    Hotch said:
    Just a thought.......
    Traitor
    The other side of me is still open ... and I don't mind being a sandwich .

• caliking
    Options
    Hotch said:
    @caliking If we go with the cookies, I may need a note from a Pediatrician for the kidos!!!
    Remember that Lady from last year!!!! lmao...
    I do! I don't think I made a very good impression :smiley: 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Wanted to make it to this but as usual my work travel schedule has conspired against me.  Have fun!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Hotch
    Options
    Hotch said:
    Just a thought.......
    @caliking @springhen @texaswig
    Or maybe do these flavors like we did our Mini Margarita Cones.
    Or both Cookies and Cones

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Wanted to make it to this but as usual my work travel schedule has conspired against me.  Have fun!
    Look into the Athens Texas Eggfest.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • caliking
    Options
    @Hotch, I vote for kraken coconut and maple bacon bourbon chocolate chip :)

• caliking
    Options
    You will be missed. I could have had a crack at that the Wing-off trophy if you were a judge!

• Hotch
    Options
    Ok I'm thinking Jonahs Curse Coconut cookies and Tequila Sunrise cookies will be the first volley of cookies.

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    Yummm, @Hotch, Jonas Curse Coconut Cookies!!!  Woohoooooo
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    @hotch I heard that Jonas curse is pretty good. @EggObsessed well have to watch Bruce around those flavored cookies. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Hotch
    Options
    texaswig said:
    @hotch I heard that Jonas curse is pretty good. @EggObsessed well have to watch Bruce around those flavored cookies. 
    That stuff is Killer!
    Makes you do all kinds of funny stuff!
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    Sure does!!!  And it renders your legs USELESS!
    Kelley 
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Sure does!!!  And it renders your legs USELESS!
    I have photos
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    Dang it, @Photo Egg, you and Lora need to have you cameras confiscated at ALL Eggfests!
    Kelley 
  • Photo Egg
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Dang it, @Photo Egg, you and Lora need to have you cameras confiscated at ALL Eggfests!
    Think of these photos as a ship with no port...
    The ship is powered by "It's My Rub"...lol
    The alleged photos will stay in the vault, I have lots of rub to keep the ship sailing.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    Blackmail.....seems to work every time, Darian.  lol
    Kelley 
  • Foghorn
    Options
    As per Tony's post above, Inn On The Creek does indeed have some rooms.  I just booked two in the manor for the weekend.  My wings will be there for the wing cookoff and my beer cooler will be there for, well, trying to bribe the wing judges and if there is any left I will share it with others....

Not sure what I will cook for the fest and/or the afterparty.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• caliking
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    As per Tony's post above, Inn On The Creek does indeed have some rooms.  I just booked two in the manor for the weekend.  My wings will be there for the wing cookoff and my beer cooler will be there for, well, trying to bribe the wing judges and if there is any left I will share it with others....

Not sure what I will cook for the fest and/or the afterparty.
    If those substandard wings are all you've got, then you're going to have to bring A LOT of beer for bribery. 

That being said, whip up some of those apple turnover thingys for the after party.

• Foghorn
    Options
    "If those substandard wings are all you've got, then you're going to have to bring A LOT of beer for bribery."

After a sophisticated cost analysis was performed, I've realized my beer and money are better spent getting my competition too drunk to cook.  So I'll have plenty of Belgian Quads and Tripels for you.

"That being said, whip up some of those apple turnover thingys for the after party."

That's a pathetic and transparent attempt to throw me off the path of the wing trophy.  Won't work. 

San Antonio, TX