Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kool Aid pickles 6+ months later

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
In the recent thread about pickles for pulled pork @Txnfireman mentioned Kool Aid pickles which was a hot topic last Summer. It triggered me to go looking for a batch I made and forget back in June. Sure enough they were on the bottom shelf at the back hidden by other jars.
I enjoyed a couple spears with my lunch today. I noticed that in the aging process the pickles have lost the sweetness they once had but have a unique tasty twang now. In addition they are a nice ruby red clear thru so they would make a nice colorful addition to a relish plate.
Thanks Txnfireman for the refresher - now to go back and see what else is lurching down there out of sight out of mind!  =)

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    That looks nasty.  I bet they taste pretty good.....but ugh!!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • chadpsualum
    Options
    NDG said:
    yikes.  looks like a dog penis.
    enjoy  :s
    That's just wrong man.  How's he supposed to eat these now without thinking about this?  Doomed. (Btw...I can't stop giggling)
    North Pittsburgh, PA
    1 LGE
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    "Lunch today"?  Please bump this thread tomorrow so we all know you're okay. ;)

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited January 2017
    Options
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Botch said:

I think I will live, but starting an hour after I ate those and then for 3 hours I kept belching up the taste! So I know they produced gas and normal pickles never do that to me!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    RRP said:
    Botch said:

I think I will live, but starting an hour after I ate those and then for 3 hours I kept belching up the taste! So I know they produced gas and normal pickles never do that to me!
     =) 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    RRP said:
    Botch said:

I love sushi, except for mackerel (can't remember the japanese name).  It tasted fine but I was burping it up for 3 damn days!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month