Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My buddy needs help. Cancer Sucks

Options

Comments

• frognot
    frognot Posts: 103
    Options
    Another person fighting cancer here. Gotta bump this thread back to the top.

Allen, Texas          LBGE, Orange Thermapen (fastest and easiest to find)

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Donation and bump...
    Monday morning...lets get it going...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Thanks @Photo Egg and @frognot.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    Just sent prayers and a donation. No family should have to got thru this.
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    Sent my contribution along with my prayers.
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    Thank you so much @GregW
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Appears to be Retinoblastoma.  Tough stuff.  Since unilateral it's not heritable.  All in and best wishes.  That girl will succeed.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Options
    I didn't realize you lived in Lincoln. My parents are still in Norfolk. Good luck with the fund raiser.
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    Thank you everyone that has given well wishes and $ to this cause. I will respectfully bow out now as I'm amazed the Buffalo didn't sink this thread. You guys and Gals are so amazing. Thank you for everything. 
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    Our best wishes for a little girl and your friend. :)
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    morning bump including the link
    https://www.gofundme.com/illaann-and-jesse-ocker
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    The buffalo does good work for good causes.  No worries on the buffalo and this thread.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Done. Thanks for sharing and all the best to that family.

It's great to see so much support from this community. 
    LBGE/Maryland
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    Bump for a good cause 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    Love this forum and all the folks so willing to help.  You guys & gals make me proud to be a part of this community.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    If you can't decide where or what to have for lunch today...
    Think about skipping lunch and donated a couple dollars instead.
    We have seen each other at Eggfests, skipping one meal will not hurt us.lol
    It's also OK to donate twice.
    Bump

https://www.gofundme.com/illaann-and-jesse-ocker

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • DoubleEgger
    edited January 2017
    Options
      You guys & gals make me proud to be a part of this community.
    Hold my beer.... 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    It took me a few days, but I was finally able to get on this!  I hope and pray this sweet little girl can catch a break!  Thank you for sharing.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Options
    done.
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    You all are outstanding. Thank you again. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    You guys and gals are amazing. Please forgive me if I didn't personally thank you in this thread. This is as close as cancer has been to me with someone under the age of 10. 

The Fundraiser at BWW went very well. So well the other 2 BWW in town are going to do a evening for Illa as well. 

If I was independently wealthy I would give this family a blank check. I'm not, so I can't. I'm trying to be a keyboard warrior for Illa every night after I put my own children to bed. It means so much to me all of you. I don't think I've slept more then 3 hours a day since she was diagnosed. 

She has the final meeting with the Oncologist to see what the plan of attack is early next week. They pushed back the Chemo as they are contemplating going to Philly for a experimental treatment. I will update as soon as I know anything more. 

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!! 

If you are on Facebook or Twitter #TeamIllaAnn
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    You guys and gals are amazing. Please forgive me if I didn't personally thank you in this thread. This is as close as cancer has been to me with someone under the age of 10. 

The Fundraiser at BWW went very well. So well the other 2 BWW in town are going to do a evening for Illa as well. 

If I was independently wealthy I would give this family a blank check. I'm not, so I can't. I'm trying to be a keyboard warrior for Illa every night after I put my own children to bed. It means so much to me all of you. I don't think I've slept more then 3 hours a day since she was diagnosed. 

She has the final meeting with the Oncologist to see what the plan of attack is early next week. They pushed back the Chemo as they are contemplating going to Philly for a experimental treatment. I will update as soon as I know anything more. 

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!! 

If you are on Facebook or Twitter #TeamIllaAnn
    Scott, not sure if you remember, but we lived in Lincoln before moving to Fl.  please keep me informed of any other events in town.  We'd be happy to reach out to friends for the next local (Lincoln) events you have.  We will be back in town for a few days late in June and would be happy to participate in and help with anything you have going on at that time.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    You're a great guy Scott 
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    I don't know about that @DoubleEgger I'm just trying to help a family that seems to have a bunch of bad luck. Grandpa is my typical golf partner on the weekends but doubting there will be much golf this year. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    I didn't remember that @thetrim we are trying to put together a bunch of things if you are in town it would be awesome to meet you. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Done. I have a 3yo little man and work with kids. Have cared for many kids with cancer, and have always wished we didn't need pediatric oncology units. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.