Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

28 inch Blackstone

Options
I looked all over Montana and couldn't find a 28 inch Blackstone . Used the search feature and found that the walmarts in Reno had them and they were on sale for 99$. Since I was in Reno for the Wild Sheep Show this weekend I ran over to Walmart and grabbed one. Seasoning the top now and can't wait to cook dinner on it tonight. !!!!

Comments

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Good for you! You'll have a lot of fun cooking on the griddle.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Theae things are impossible to get in the UK. $99 is a great price.
  • Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    The view always makes the food taste better and the whiskey a little stronger
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Beautiful view dude!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Fair warning.
    "Since I was in Reno for the Wild Sheep Show"...don't ever post stuff like this on a Friday...lol

I think I have traveled close to your place traveling Tahoe to Reno in the winter.
    Absolutely beautiful with the snow.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • plandreth
    Options
    Love my Blackstone. I need to bring it and my egg to that view!
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I was having the Montana or Wyoming moving convo with a buddy last night. I was leaning Wyoming. This post is not helping my theoretical decision. 

Nice score. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Hntnhrd
    Options
    @Killit_and_Grillit the best thing about Wyoming is the view of Montana from there!! Either state is a dream for any outdoorsman. I am living the dream for sure
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    My goodness that view is awesome. And the Blackstone looks great too.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    If that's not photoshopped I really need to debate my choice of location. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Hntnhrd
    Options
    No photoshop. I am still in awe of those mountains everyday they never get old. Just noticed I have this in the wrong forum but don't know how to edit it!! Lol. Did bacon and cheese Omletes tonight and cooked perfect on the griddle. I am thinking smash burgers with some bison I have in the freezer tomorrow. This is almost as fun as my BGE to cook on.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Have been looking for one of those for a friend of mine, but no luck. They seem to be sold out at the few Walmart's I  have checked.

And that view is indeed splendid. I would stop going to work if I woke up to that every morning. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Hntnhrd
    Options
    Second cook on the blackstone tonight. Carna Asada. Oh my word!!!!! Yes there are two hotdogs on there, my wife!!!
  • Hntnhrd
    Options
    Happened to be rolling thru Casper Wyoming last week and pulled into the Walmart right off the highway. They had four 28s on sale for $99 so I couldn't help but grab another one!! Maybe a wedding gift for my niece this summer. 
  • Stuss
    Stuss Posts: 75
    Options
    i see a lot of killer reviews on this griddle…….seriously considering purchasing one.   Any cons that we should be aware of?
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Stuss said:
    i see a lot of killer reviews on this griddle…….seriously considering purchasing one.   Any cons that we should be aware of?
    Yes...you need to buy another full line of griddle accessories.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,069
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Stuss said:
    I view that as a "pro" tbh. :)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Stuss said:
    Do you have one?
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,069
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Photo Egg said:
    Stuss said:
    Do you have one?
    Nope but would like one, it has the seal of approval from SWMBO. But I can't find them, or a decent equivalent, on our side of the pond.
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

• cookingdude555
    Options
    Stuss said:
    I don't have the 28", but I do have the other 3 sizes (17", 22", 36").  They are phenomenal griddles.  I think one of the cons worrying about the seasoning.  You have to keep it covered, and you need to use it semi frequently to keep it rust proof.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Stuss said:
    I don't have the 28", but I do have the other 3 sizes (17", 22", 36").  They are phenomenal griddles.  I think one of the cons worrying about the seasoning.  You have to keep it covered, and you need to use it semi frequently to keep it rust proof.
    This pretty well sums up the negatives. The only thing I would add is that they are pretty sensitive to wind. So it's best used in an area with minimal wind. I can barely use mine on the back deck of my house because of the constant breeze. 

Makes one side way hotter than the other.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • waegger
    waegger Posts: 88
    Options
    I have one and love it, I bought the cover for it,works great. 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Did you say "wild sheep show? Is that available on DVD? 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    He said the Wild Sheep Show was in Reno...where men are men and sheep are nervous.
    Flint, Michigan
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Sheep should always be nervous.  :o
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • BulletGrillHouse
    Options
    On a business trip in Duncan, OK this week and was grabbing a few things at Walmart and decided to walk thru the grill section.  They had one 17" marked down to $25, couldn't resist.
    XL, 2-Lg, Mini, 36" Blackstone (Formerly CM23)
  • Gym
    Gym Posts: 366
    Options
    I can't find these anywhere in Ontario. I guess I'll have to make another trip to the US. 
    Beautiful view BTW...
  • CanDid
    CanDid Posts: 106
    Options
    On a business trip in Duncan, OK this week and was grabbing a few things at Walmart and decided to walk thru the grill section.  They had one 17" marked down to $25, couldn't resist.
    OUTRAGEOUS! I bought one a few weeks back at the Wally for $51, but haven't opened it yet. Waiting on my new table from Tspud. I spend more money reading this stupid forum. An AR from CGS will be in the pipeline soon. Wife is not gonna be happy about that.
    BGE XL
    NWArkansas
  • CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
    Stuss said:
    This pretty well sums up the negatives. The only thing I would add is that they are pretty sensitive to wind. So it's best used in an area with minimal wind. I can barely use mine on the back deck of my house because of the constant breeze. 

Makes one side way hotter than the other.
     A strip of aluminum duct tape solves the wind issue quite nicely.
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim