Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Two Eggs A Smokin’

Options
RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Dinner is in a half hour.[p]On the small is a rack of Spare Ribs ala Cat’s Style. They have been on for three hours at 250 now over some Pecan. This is the first time that I have ever tried Cat’s Rub. Thank you KennyG.[p]On the Mini is some Jerked Pork Loin. It has been cooking at 350 for about one hour and just finished up as I was typing. It is now sitting under foil waiting for the rest. The Pork has been in a combination of Eaton’s and Nel’s Old Time Jerk Rub since Wednesday. [p]A batch of Elder Ward’s Cole Slaw and some Cilantro and Onion Brown Rice will round out the meal.[p]This is also the first time that I have had both Eggs Egging at the same time.[p]Time to finish.
Hey KennyG, if you are hungry, stop by.[p]Happy Grilling,
RhumAndJerk

Comments

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,[p]Kinda doin the same thing only I have a boston butt on my medium (11 hours so far) and I just took off 6 lbs. of sirloin tip jerky. (Smokin hot)Too bad it's not for me. :([p]Mick

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,[p]Yum and yum! Had Cat's ribs at E2K and they were spectacular. Haven't tried them myself yet. The pork loins sound awesome, too. Add to this your side dishes and it sounds like you, and possibly KennyG, will be eating very well![p]My only suggestion is to save some leftovers for tomorrow's games.[p]Cornfed
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    I tried Cat's Ribs when she fixed them at Eggfest 2000 and when I got home I made up 5 racks for family and friends. they were worth the little extra work of finding juniper berries.
    When they came off Eggie all I heard was a lot of moaning because peoples mouth's were so full!
    I think it should be a requisite for newbies to do Cat's Ribs and Elder Wards Boston Butt before the end of their first cooking year!
    If we're going to be a cult let's act like one! :>)[p]Carey

• char buddy
    Options
    Sundown,[p]I tried Cat's ribs at the eggfest and I now regularly make them about once a month, or whenever GFW posts one of them rib pics. Sometimes it is hard to make it through the day after seeing a GFW pic. I'm doing Car Ribs for the playoff games today. Life is good, depending upon who wins.
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    char buddy,[p]Hate to admit it, but I'm cooking indoors today. A pork loin with onions, garlic, salt, pepper, and milk, and a dish called tortelli of potato and chives with brown butter and sage. Want to Q, but I've been dying to try out some recipes from this Italian cookbook I was given for Christmas.[p]Cornfed
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,[p]Thanks for the invite which I am just now aware of. I hope that spice rub is still good or that you made fresh. I've been incommunicado for a few days while trying to build a new home machine from pieces parts of the old one. I can't get that #$%^$@#% modem to work for some reason. It still works fine in the old box which I put back together in order to catch up with the forum.[p]Any leftovers??
    K~G