Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Are We All Going to Die?

Options

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    The answer is YES. I will wager all of it Alex. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    Yes. 100% mortality rate. 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    What, from one piece of toast?
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    You are really putting a damper on my toast and hash browns this morning. 

Better level the the playing field with some bacon and a Bloody Mary.  

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Eoin said:
    You asked if we are all going to die.... and we will. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Eoin
    Options
    Eoin said:
    I don't think you are taking this as seriously as the BBC are.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options

Eoin said:
    What?!  Why did no one tell me?
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    johnnyp said:

Eoin said:
    What?!  Why did no one tell me?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news Johnny, but you're going to die. 
  • bobroo
    bobroo Posts: 143
    Options
    I thought this was a post of Trump leading us to a nuclear holocaust.

If it's brown, it's cook'in....If it's black, it's done ---my Grandfather     Medium BGE
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I don't eat burnt toast so I think I'm ok.
  • GaryLange
    GaryLange Posts: 418
    Options
    Well this is just crazy! First I get a big case of Hotdogs in Vietnam to take back to base camp and hear on the radio that Hotdogs can cause cancer. That was the first meat we had had in a long while and I lived in Chicago area where Hotdog stands are all over and I ate a lot of them. Heck I am in a war zone on a boat in the middle of the river like a sitting duck. Now I find out that all the fried potatoes and toasted Bagels I have been eating cause cancer. Heck I will be 72 on Thursday and I must admit that I love making fried potatoes with onions, green peppers and mushroom on my flattop griddle. I am still going to do it but maybe watch how done I get them.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    More useful Govt funded science. These guys are REALLY smart, let them tell you!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    i would like an order of nonbrowned hash browns and a non toasted grilled cheese please
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    Of course we are all going to die. We've been told that the following will kill us:red meat, butter, coconut oil, whole eggs, and sugar. Instead we have been told to use:margarine, hfcs, nutrasweet, splenda, soy bean and corn oils, mass produced chicken, and egg whites only. Investigate all of these notions and see which ones ended up holding water 10 years later.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Of course we are all going to die. We've been told that the following will kill us:red meat, butter, coconut oil, whole eggs, and sugar. Instead we have been told to use:margarine, hfcs, nutrasweet, splenda, soy bean and corn oils, mass produced chicken, and egg whites only. Investigate all of these notions and see which ones ended up holding water 10 years later.
    But they are so damn sure at the time. There is almost always consensus. Hell, some of these guys went to really great schools, don't believe me, they'll tell you.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    If burnt toast is deadly then my wife has been slowly trying to kill me since the day we got married!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    Not me, I don't eat burnt toast!
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    GaryLange said:
    Well this is just crazy! First I get a big case of Hotdogs in Vietnam to take back to base camp and hear on the radio that Hotdogs can cause cancer. That was the first meat we had had in a long while and I lived in Chicago area where Hotdog stands are all over and I ate a lot of them. Heck I am in a war zone on a boat in the middle of the river like a sitting duck. Now I find out that all the fried potatoes and toasted Bagels I have been eating cause cancer. Heck I will be 72 on Thursday and I must admit that I love making fried potatoes with onions, green peppers and mushroom on my flattop griddle. I am still going to do it but maybe watch how done I get them.
    Happy birthday.

Since we are all going to die anyway then best to enjoy what you eat while you are still above ground.

Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Grillin_beers
    Options
    I'm never going to die.  
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    eat soylent - live 4eva.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • TheToast
    TheToast Posts: 376
    Options
    It's nonsense. I don't mean to sound like a conspiracy theorist but governments like getting their agencies to release this kind of crap to steal front pages of newspapers when there are bigger issues at stake (such as the UK Trident missile mess up). Even Cancer Research debunk it in that article.

Have a read:
    https://medium.com/wintoncentre/how-dangerous-is-burnt-toast-c5e237873097#.t8q8h68xd

"So, for example, adults with the highest consumption of acrylamide could consume 160 times as much and still only be at a level that toxicologists think unlikely to cause increased tumours in mice"

So basically: MMMMMM CHARRED STEAK IS GOOOOD

• Eoin
    Options
    TheToast said:
    It's nonsense. I don't mean to sound like a conspiracy theorist but governments like getting their agencies to release this kind of crap to steal front pages of newspapers when there are bigger issues at stake (such as the UK Trident missile mess up).

You mean the one that flew towards the USA instead of away from it!
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    Yes that little boo boo. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    TheToast said:
    It's nonsense. I don't mean to sound like a conspiracy theorist but governments like getting their agencies to release this kind of crap to steal front pages of newspapers when there are bigger issues at stake (such as the UK Trident missile mess up). Even Cancer Research debunk it in that article.

Have a read:
    https://medium.com/wintoncentre/how-dangerous-is-burnt-toast-c5e237873097#.t8q8h68xd

"So, for example, adults with the highest consumption of acrylamide could consume 160 times as much and still only be at a level that toxicologists think unlikely to cause increased tumours in mice"

This from a guy with the name @TheToast. Very suspicious and self serving??? Lol
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    I really don't like thinking about the subject  :s
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Codfish
    Codfish Posts: 42
    Options
    I have eaten burnt toast for over 70 years, and do not plan to kick the bucket for a while yet,
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    TheToast said:

Have a read:

OK, call me a skeptic, but I'm not sure I'd take the word of a guy named TheToast debunking an article about brown toast not being healthy.... =)
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,474
    Options
    This is true, and we in the EPA were also trying to get the word out before trump shut us d

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.