Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So are we still friends after the Women's March on Washington thread?

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    ^^^^^ well-played!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    I believe we would all get along if we were in person because we all have the same thing in common. On the other hand, there should be an unwritten rule that if you want to be a part of a political post you should have already posted a personal cook post. Crappy cook or not (I put this in their because my cooking sucks). 
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    edited January 2017
    Options
    :)
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    @bhedges1987 that's funny.  "A Million Pounds Lost March"
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    thetrim said:
    When I saw those big crowds, I couldn't help but think, where is a good suicide bomber when you need one?
    umm...we can hear you

MaC122 said:
    I believe we would all get along if we were in person because we all have the same thing in common. On the other hand, there should be an unwritten rule that if you want to be a part of a political post you should have already posted a personal cook post. Crappy cook or not (I put this in their because my cooking sucks). 
    Yeah.  I had to laugh yesterday at the brand new account that appeared out of nowhere and just started posting in the March thread.  I mean at least try to be a little less obvious.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

MaC122 said:
    Yeah.  I had to laugh yesterday at the brand new account that appeared out of nowhere and just started posting in the March thread.  I mean at least try to be a little less obvious.
    Right.  Troll accounts need to be cultivated over time...aged like a fine wine to achieve verisimilitude.
    Options
    thetrim said:
    When I saw those big crowds, I couldn't help but think, where is a good suicide bomber when you need one?
    Geez dude.  That's not even remotely funny.
    C'mom lighten up.
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • ElkhornHusker
    Options
    The media and the protesters need to quit calling a March of unity since so women's groups were excluded.  Call it what it was, a protest from a specific agenda and political view.
    Elkhorn, NE
    1 large egg
    28" Blackstone
    Akorn Jr. 
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    Of course we all are. I'd like to think everyone here has a thick enough skin not to take their toys and leave over a little politics. That's what the KJ and lump threads are for...
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Wicked Good discussion...
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    MaC122 said:
    I just wish people would learn how to crop their post when they quote another post. *cough * cough @HeavyG. Nothing like seeing a mile long post with 50 shades of grey boxes in it. Otherwise, good morning everyone!
    That is a pain isn't it?

I have no idea why that sometimes happens. Usually you just end up with the "show previous quotes" link. 
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:
    C'mom lighten up.
    You're right.  Hilarious......
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Judging by some of his other comments in the past day or so it's obvious he's a classy guy.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Hey it's Sunday. Let's fill up with crap for next week eh?
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    This isn't a clinical trial.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Latest counts say that 2.9M people participated in the US, making it the largest demonstration in history.  Sounds like at least 1M participants in other countries, also a first-time record for a US inauguration.
    And, a very interesting statistic (gender-based rather than politically-based): not a single arrest in either DC nor LA.  
    I have my doubts that this will have any effect on the CINC at all; the republican party, on the other hand, we'll see...

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    You'd think a bunch of grown women would know how to clean up after themselves. Guess they were too busy saving the world to perform such menial task. 

Looks photoshopped. Fake news.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina
    Very true.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    My buddy called me yesterday and told me that he couldn't get a sandwich anywhere in town. All the sandwich makers took a trip to Washington? Was there a convention for domestics? Anyway, he was forced to make his own. Jeez!

JKOC
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    Elections have consequences. We don't mind the Liberals joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back.

I'll admit, I plagiarized most of that.

Gittin' there...
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Cowboys or meteor strike? Meteor Strike, everytime.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky