Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Aaaaaargh!!!!!!! SRF you're killing me

Options
Ordered a Gold grade brisket and some ribs for an event at the house. Box arrives today and - no brisket. Mis-packed and sent a sirloin instead of a brisket. (I knew when box weighed so little) Called and such odd behavior - no apology or anything. Just "we can send you one Wednesday or refund your money". Not real warm and fuzzy for a $189 piece of meat. Now I have to go find one somewhere today. No bueno. 
BGE L, Minimax, iGrill 2, Kick Ash Basket, CGS AR,  various and sundry overpriced accessories...

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hit up Costco...Problem solved.

I'm uncertain that they produce a better end product. Just my opinion

Let me clarify... My experience may very well be because I suck a briskets
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Wow- that's truly well outside any interactions I have had with them.  I would call again and elevate the call.  You should get a healthy discount on your order at a minimum.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Get the refund for now. At least you got a free sirloin for your troubles.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • eightyfive
    Options
    I'm going to chalk it up to one bad experience. I never mind paying a premium for anything as long as the service is there.  Hate to negotiate and hate to grind   -  I am in a service business and I can't stand when people do it to me so I just don't do it.  I only commented because I was really surprised that for someone who is at the absolute top end of the spectrum pricewise the customer service was so weak.  This stuff is good so I will still be back.   I wouldn't be so irritated if I didn't have to go for an hour and a half drive to get one in time for tomorrow. Lesson learned. 

BGE L, Minimax, iGrill 2, Kick Ash Basket, CGS AR,  various and sundry overpriced accessories...
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @eightyfive - time to raise your brisket low-level alarm setting.  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • eightyfive
    Options
    Haha. Yep. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Ordered a Gold grade brisket and some ribs for an event at the house. Box arrives today and - no brisket. Mis-packed and sent a sirloin instead of a brisket. (I knew when box weighed so little) Called and such odd behavior - no apology or anything. Just "we can send you one Wednesday or refund your money". Not real warm and fuzzy for a $189 piece of meat. Now I have to go find one somewhere today. No bueno. 
    Where are you located?
  • eightyfive
    Options
    West of Boston. Can you drive me one?
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    West of Boston. Can you drive me one?
    Was just checking a member may know a place locally to get one.
  • eightyfive
    Options
    Thanks dude. I have one lined up. Gracias. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I can tell you I worked with Shane and his team on an issue a few weeks ago and they went way above and beyond for me. Some world class customer service (and it wasn't cheap). A quick note to Shane or to his customer service team will go a long way to getting you fixed up. They are all good in my book and I would order anything I wanted from them without question- knowing it will be right or it will be taken care of. Mistakes happen- how you handle them makes all the difference. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • eightyfive
    Options
    Can't agree more. I shot them an email and got an equally poor response.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Can't agree more. I shot them an email and got an equally poor response.
    Hit up @SRFShane
  • eightyfive
    Options
    Nah. Don't want any special treatment.  Shouldn't get that far. Reality is - I'll still order from them despite the poor treatment. **** service is the norm in most non brick and mortar businesses.  But thank you! What a good community. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    It's not special. He has done it for everyone who has had an issue. Your problem is an outlier compared to all other posts about them. I'm sure he will make it right. A few weeks ago, a bunch of people had problems that were UPS' fault(due to stuff sitting in a warehouse) and he made sure all were taken care of, and quickly.
  • eightyfive
    Options
    K.  Maybe I'll shoot him a quick DM. Thanks again Eggcelsior.  
    On the positive side - making their ribs tomorrow and probably ordering some more tomorrow. Glutton for punishment ;) 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    On the positive side - making their ribs tomorrow and probably ordering some more tomorrow. Glutton for punishment ;) 
    FWIW, I wasn't overly impressed with their ribs. Everything else from them has been exceptional, the ribs are just a bit to skimpy IMHO to be worth it.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1189755/srf-kurobuta-spares
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    DMW said:
    FWIW, I wasn't overly impressed with their ribs. Everything else from them has been exceptional, the ribs are just a bit to skimpy IMHO to be worth it.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1189755/srf-kurobuta-sparest

i also tried the ribs and was extremely disappointed. Decided not to try anything else from them since the hype didn't live up to real thing. Once bitten
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    I would take the refund and spend it on a prime rib roast.
    Gittin' there...
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    srf has always been super friendly to me....hopefully someone from srf sees this, and i am not naming anyone here (rhymes with main) and contacts you directly.....
  • SRFShane
    SRFShane Posts: 155
    Options
    Not OK.  Sent you a DM @eightyfive
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    DMW said:

i also tried the ribs and was extremely disappointed. Decided not to try anything else from them since the hype didn't live up to real thing. Once bitten
    A little disappointed to see these comments.  I have not tried anything from them yet, but I did take advantage of the rib sale a couple weeks ago and got two racks each of the spares and baby backs.  I also got a package of the hot dogs.  Have not had a chance to try them yet though.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• westernbbq
    Options
    SRF is my go to meat source for all things special.  Competition briskys, high-end steaks (which i am about to order for  certain someone's birthday coming up) and while SRF may have been off their game on the day in question here occurred, i definitely have sent many people their way when they needed to get some holiday meat gifts or just  a special roast or steaks for a special occasion.

Be sure to connect with SRF via instructions above and they'll make it right.

• FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    Usually good service all around. I've had two issues ironically the same with packages being torn or scraped in the box and in the last instance a thawing cap of ribeye dripping all in the fridge. 

They offered refunds, which was more than the cap of ribeye since I paid the buy one get one, I told them that would be too much. so they sent a replacement steak, albeit smaller grade than the one I bought but it was fair enough- I did get it on sale after all. 

The first issue was prompt, polite and exceptional to deal with. The last one was just okay I guess. I was let down a little. I suspect they are just growing pains of getting popular! 
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • eightyfive
    Options
    UPDATE : Shane is the man. He DM'ed me with some info and made it right.  Credit where credit is due.  Genuinely concerned - that is the client treatment you expect for a premium product.   Well done! Shane - I told you I would delete the post but don't k who how but I wanted to make sure I completed the loop. I messaged the mysterious Buffalo to see if he could delete.  But bottom line - I wasn't looking for anything and they made it right. 
  • Gamecockeggman
    Options
    I have ordered from them and could not have been happier with the service.  Best in class all the way.  Sounds like you experienced an anomaly.  I'm sure that if you speak with them again they will make it right.

Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • eightyfive
    Options
    All is well - Shane did well by me. Thanks Again 
  • JacksDad
    JacksDad Posts: 538
    Options

I've ordered twice, no problems so far, chose my delivery date when I ordered, and everything came frozen. This stuff is good to hear, especially when spending that kind of money on meat! 

Large BGE -- New Jersey

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    DMW said:

A little disappointed to see these comments.  I have not tried anything from them yet, but I did take advantage of the rib sale a couple weeks ago and got two racks each of the spares and baby backs.  I also got a package of the hot dogs.  Have not had a chance to try them yet though.
    @saluki2007 - I've ordered a decent amount from SRF and will continue to do so. In their defense on the ribs, they have a warning on their site that they are small. The quality was excellent, just my personal opinion that they aren't that much better than normal ribs. All the briskets, pork collar, pork loin I've gotten from SRF have been well worth the money. Don't base your opinion of SRF just on the ribs.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • westernbbq
    Options
    UPDATE : Shane is the man. He DM'ed me with some info and made it right.  Credit where credit is due.  Genuinely concerned - that is the client treatment you expect for a premium product.   Well done! Shane - I told you I would delete the post but don't k who how but I wanted to make sure I completed the loop. I messaged the mysterious Buffalo to see if he could delete.  But bottom line - I wasn't looking for anything and they made it right. 
    Shane is solid in the premium meat dept! Srf is my go to source when i need something special